Will schools know I didn't pick them the first time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhopperInTheCar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am sure this has been asked before but I searched a lot and couldn't find it. I came to send my application yesterday but was shocked by how expensive it is to apply broadly. I want to apply to my top 3 schools (PCOM, KCUMB, LECOM) instead and wait for my MCAT score coming this end of June (my first MCAT 29: 10/9/10)

Question: If I decide to add more schools later, will those schools know I applied in June and originally didn't select them. Wont that knowledge affect their decision, since it shows them I have little interest in their school

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm sure people add in more schools all the time for many different reasons! You could look at it the way you're looking at it, or the opposite way around. Maybe you did more research and talked to someone who liked it at that school and then decided to add them. I'm sure you'd be fine.

I'm sure people add in more schools all the time for many different reasons! You could look at it the way you're looking at it, or the opposite way around. Maybe you did more research and talked to someone who liked it at that school and then decided to add them. I'm sure you'd be fine.

You can definitely spin things to your favor. Ill keep that in mind