Will schools know you voided MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThujaOccidentalis

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AAMC states that a voided exam will not be scored and no score will be reported to any medical schools.

But will medical schools be able to see whether I took/voided an MCAT or have any sort of indication on my application?

Members don't see this ad.

NOPE! and even if they do, maybe you got sick during the exam, maybe you didnt show up, it wont matter! just keep working hard if you didnt take the mcat yet. Good luck

NOPE! and even if they do, maybe you got sick during the exam, maybe you didnt show up, it wont matter! just keep working hard if you didnt take the mcat yet. Good luck
When do they offer you the chance to void? Is it anytime during my exam day?

When do they offer you the chance to void? Is it anytime during my exam day?

After completion of the test, you are brought to a screen that gives you the options.... "score the exam" or "void the exam".

If you are unable to complete the test or "no-show", I believe this also counts as a "void".

Members don't see this ad :)
And schools will not necessarily hold this against us, that's good. Is there a good rule of thumb to use in deciding whether to void or not? Can I submit my AMCAS without an MCAT score and then tell schools later I took it? Just in case I decide to void and do not want schools seeing my MCAT registration and wondering where the score went or why it is much later than expected.

^ Schools will not hold voiding against you. However, you can only decide whether to void or not immediately after taking the test. You have like ~5 minutes to decide.