1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

will sophas send out your app with 2 letters?

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by chos, May 6, 2008.

1. chos

chos Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi folks:

Just wondering how picky SOPHAS is about getting three letters? The school I am interested in specifies 2 or 3 letters in their application materials, but I see that SOPHAS requires 3. Anybody know if SOPHAS will forward the application on with only 2 letters?

Thanks,
    Rachel

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sss3

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    they will forward your application to your schools of choice with 2 LOC's, however, if you are applying to schools who require 3 rec letters your application will still be seen as incomplete and will not be processed.

It's really up to the school, but most will send you an e-mail indicating they received it, but that your application is incomplete and that they will not process, let alone forward it to the admissions committee until all materials are sent.

If you can try and send a completed application.

hope this helps!

4. dreamer40

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't remember them forwarding anything until all three were done; here's from the website, too:

Q: Do I have to wait for my letters of reference to be received at SOPHAS before I can e-Submit my application?
    A: No. You can e-Submit your SOPHAS application as soon as you are confident that you have filled out all of the online sections completely and accurately. SOPHAS will accept your letters of reference, transcripts, and payment regardless of the status of your application, and the receipt of these documents does not affect whether you can e-Submit. Keep in mind, however, that your paper letters of reference cannot be attached to your application unless the recommender's name is listed in your References page, official transcripts cannot be marked as received until the school is listed in your Colleges and Universities page, and Payments can be received, but not processed and applied to your application before you have e-Submitted.

5. sss3

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    as long as you have payed and listed all three recommenders, you can submit your app. with 2 COMPLETED LOC's. This only means that the schools will recieve your app., most likely they won't process it until the 3rd and final rec. is in.