Will "sort-of-suspended" RN license affect my MD License application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roots_4md

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your first step is to check with the appropriate licensing board that issued your nursing license and see what THEY say about the status of your license. I'm not clear when you refer to "college" whether you are referring to an educational institution or a professional nursing society. The actual licensing board is the one with the final say about the status.

Once you establish whether or not your license is suspended (because frankly it sounds like it is given what they are reporting), then you can check state medical licensing boards to see what the requirements are for reporting. Most will ask if you have had a professional license denied/revoked/suspended etc. For example, from my state application:

"Has ever had any disciplinary or rehabilitative action has ever been taken against the applicant by another licensing board, including other health professions, and if so, an explanation."

If you are asked such a question, you must be honest. Loss of a professional license is not necessarily grounds for denying you a medical license but lying about it almost always is.

Reactions: 1 users