Will submitting secondaries (being complete) in mid august hinder my application?

sallyhasanidea

2+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
After working for the last 3 weeks on secondaries I'm pretty burnt out. I saved some of the longer secondaries for last but I want to take somewhat of a break before submitting them to refresh my mind.

Would submitting to these schools in mid august hurt my chances at all: Standford, hopkins, duke, northwestern, emory, vanderbilt

Given that these schools are reaches would it be better to get my application in earlier than mid august so they see it before others? Or should I just trudge through and write these on a murky mind?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
For the gazzilionth time, NO!

Try reading some of the stickies, while you're at it.

walloobi

2+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2014
The capital of Maine, which is Montpelier Vermont
Status
Medical Student
After working for the last 3 weeks on secondaries I'm pretty burnt out. I saved some of the longer secondaries for last but I want to take somewhat of a break before submitting them to refresh my mind.

Would submitting to these schools in mid august hurt my chances at all: Standford, hopkins, duke, northwestern, emory, vanderbilt

Given that these schools are reaches would it be better to get my application in earlier than mid august so they see it before others? Or should I just trudge through and write these on a murky mind?
The consensus seems to be that you're good to go if you're complete by labor day (Sept. 5th, I believe)