Will submitting secondaries (being complete) in mid august hinder my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sallyhasanidea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After working for the last 3 weeks on secondaries I'm pretty burnt out. I saved some of the longer secondaries for last but I want to take somewhat of a break before submitting them to refresh my mind.

Would submitting to these schools in mid august hurt my chances at all: Standford, hopkins, duke, northwestern, emory, vanderbilt

Given that these schools are reaches would it be better to get my application in earlier than mid august so they see it before others? Or should I just trudge through and write these on a murky mind?

Members don't see this ad.

After working for the last 3 weeks on secondaries I'm pretty burnt out. I saved some of the longer secondaries for last but I want to take somewhat of a break before submitting them to refresh my mind.

Would submitting to these schools in mid august hurt my chances at all: Standford, hopkins, duke, northwestern, emory, vanderbilt

Given that these schools are reaches would it be better to get my application in earlier than mid august so they see it before others? Or should I just trudge through and write these on a murky mind?
The consensus seems to be that you're good to go if you're complete by labor day (Sept. 5th, I believe)