Will taking General Chemistry + lab my first semester without taking General Biology hurt my app(I have to wait next semester to take Bio)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chem1o1

Reaction score
So, I'm a freshman doing the pre-med track and I know that most students are taking Biology and Chemistry together their first year. Since all the Bio courses at my school filled up, I have to wait next semester to enrol in a Biology course (which feels odd). I don't usually worry about a lot, but I feel as If I'm putting myself at a slight disadvantage by taking Biology classes a bit later than every other applicant. Should I just chill out and not worry? Idk

Members don't see this ad.

So, I'm a freshman doing the pre-med track and I know that most students are taking Biology and Chemistry together their first year. Since all the Bio courses at my school filled up, I have to wait next semester to enrol in a Biology course (which feels odd). I don't usually worry about a lot, but I feel as If I'm putting myself at a slight disadvantage by taking Biology classes a bit later than every other applicant. Should I just chill out and not worry? Idk
It shouldn’t be a problem. My school literally didn’t even offer biology to students until Spring of their Freshman year.

No. Timing would only really matter if one course was a prerequisite for the other. Introductory biology is not a prerequisite for general chemistry. In fact, at many schools general chemistry is a prerequisite for general biology.