Will taking Physics 1 and Chem 2 benefit me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hs2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior now and we are scheduling for senior year, my question is, should I take both Chem 2 and Physics 1 next year? Will it benefit me for the college level Physics and Chem courses? I don't want to take 2 science classes in on year but if it will help me out a lot in college I might as well, especially with Physics as I don't know anything at all and with Chem, I forgot a lot of stuff from Chem 1. Should I take both or one of the two?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a junior now and we are scheduling for senior year, my question is, should I take both Chem 2 and Physics 1 next year? Will it benefit me for the college level Physics and Chem courses? I don't want to take 2 science classes in on year but if it will help me out a lot in college I might as well, especially with Physics as I don't know anything at all and with Chem, I forgot a lot of stuff from Chem 1. Should I take both or one of the two?

I still dont understand your question 100%.

These 2 courses are pre-requirements, you have to take them.
Physics doesnt help your DAT but Chem does. :)

You dont want to take 2 science classes in a year? Is it too much for you? --> can you explain more?

I still dont understand your question 100%.

These 2 courses are pre-requirements, you have to take them.
Physics doesnt help your DAT but Chem does. :)

You dont want to take 2 science classes in a year? Is it too much for you? --> can you explain more?

OP is in high school.

If you're high school offers it take it. You have the benefit of a smaller class size and more hands on time to answer questions. Plus it won't hurt your gpa either. schools won't care about your high school gpa.

when you get to college and take them you would have already been exposed to the topics already and have an easier time.

I really don't know how your high school works. I've been out of high school for a while so can't help you there scheduling wise. I do find it strange you're already doing schedule when its only December.

Members don't see this ad :)
My bad I should have said that I am in high school right now and want to know if I take the physics 1 and Chem 2 in my senior year of high school will it help me with the physics and chem classes in undergrad?

I will put this into perspective for you.

I took organic chemistry in high school. When I took it again in undergrad, we covered the whole year of organic that I did in highschool in 3 weeks. :laugh:

My bad I should have said that I am in high school right now and want to know if I take the physics 1 and Chem 2 in my senior year of high school will it help me with the physics and chem classes in undergrad?

yes it will! The more exposure you can have the the sciences early on the better imo. I took AP chem and that helped me tremendously in college. If your scared of being overwhelmed by both at once or don't think you can perform well if you take both, than choose the one you like better and go for it! Gluck