Will the lack of a DAT prep course hurt my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwestboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I studied for the DAT on my own and was wondering if dental schools think unfavorably of people who didn't take a DAT prep course?

Members don't see this ad.

I studied for the DAT on my own and was wondering if dental schools think unfavorably of people who didn't take a DAT prep course?

schools do not care either way. all they care about is how well you do..

jb!:)

Actually, you will be at an advantage. Schools traditionally subtract 2 points from the AA score from those people who took a prep class.

Clearly a joke, but let's see if anyone falls for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
cool...i was wondering because there was a section on the app that asked about Dental exposure, prep, etc. Schools have also inquired about me taking a course.

Actually, you will be at an advantage. Schools traditionally subtract 2 points from the AA score from those people who took a prep class.

Thank God!!!

definately not...when i applied, i told one interviewer that i studied on my own (got 21AA, 21 TS, 18 PAT) and they were really impressed that i hadn't taken kaplan.

so i feel as though you are at a real advantage... :)

good scores, btw.

well played.

I don't think they care.

u guys seriously think they take off 2 pts from ur AA if u have taken a DAT review course?!

I'm loving the level of sarcasm on the forums lately..it's gone up lately and makes reading SDN at work that much more fun

MPLP.JPG

ted-williams-fishing-line.jpg

and

fishing-sinker.jpg

I took two points off of my own AA just so d-schools wouldn't think I was being a smart@$$ with my scores. During the interview the faculty member told me "I don't think I could get into this place if I had your scores." I couldn't either-but he had alumni connections.