will they really notice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedrod

youtube ruined my apps
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so i was a transfer student who had a 3.65 before transferring to UC Davis. then when i got there, my gpa has been going down. mostly because i didnt really know what i wanted to do and there was always a lame teacher that i had each quarter who i hated hahaa

so my question is, do med school really look at your grades to see the downward trend, or they see the overall gpa? my gpa at UC Davis is a 3.2ish so my overall is now about 3.5ish

im basically only asking those applicants that were in my situation and were asked questions that would indicate they DO look at the app that closely...
THanks

Members don't see this ad.

they will see your gpa broken down by year, so yes they will see, however the overall gpa is important for getting you past the screening process.

Of course they will notice. There's a GPA break down year by year, and there's a list of all your classes and the institutions that you took them in.

Work hard, bring up your GPA.

I'm a former Aggie and this app cycle didn't go so well for me. Mostly because I too had a downward trend. The first year was great followed by two not so great years. My GPA shot up in my senior year but it still got me no love with a 3.29.

I suggest you get your grades back up too since they do notice trends. Even with my upward trend my last year, schools have said that they question whether it's a fluke or not and want to see upward trends continue for more than one year.