will they take your best DAT or latest DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebetterdoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
im planning to take it again and i was wondering if they will take your hghest dat or latest dat?
and i heard that this year, you need to request the school that you applied to permit you to take the dat again....is that rite?

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
im planning to take it again and i was wondering if they will take your hghest dat or latest dat?
and i heard that this year, you need to request the school that you applied to permit you to take the dat again....is that rite?

If you take it more than 3 times, you must provide proof of rejection from a dental school, before they will let you take it for a fourth time. As far as schools looking at your last or highest dat score, I believe they look at all the test and judge from that.

mshopeful

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think it's different for every school. For example I asked UoP and they said they look at the latest scores, even if they are lower. So her advice: if you're going to retake it, make sure you're completely prepared and get a higher score.

shabu2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think it's different for every school. For example I asked UoP and they said they look at the latest scores, even if they are lower. So her advice: if you're going to retake it, make sure you're completely prepared and get a higher score.

And they get your most recent three I believe.

diane07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I read that the schools have access to your previous DAT scores. And I think the schools are looking at the most recent DAT as the qualifier.

But double check for yourself from the schools or the AADSAS website.