Will this look bad to an Admissions Committee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spider367

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently employed full time at an internship at a local dental office. Having been rejected this previous cycle and speaking with some of the schools, the consensus seems to be to take a few science courses to try and boost my science gpa. Now, I plan on taking a one class this summer and 2 this fall. In doing this though, I'm going to have to give up my internship. Will only taking 2 classes look bad to admissions committees even though 2 is the maximum number of classes I can take without being a degree seeking student? Also, I plan on doing an academic update when I'm all done sometime in December. Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it will matter that much as long as you get good grade in those classes

After I didn't get in I was told to take some classes. I only took 2 classes, Biochem and Histology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I feel like I'm going to have a lot of free time with only 2 classes. I'm real cool with that, but will the committee have a problem with it?