Will upcoming March exam cover FA 2016 materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OphthLover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've learned that the new FA book contains new mateirals added to the 2015 version. I have been studying for Step 1 with FA 2015 edition and am scheduled to take the exam on this March. Does anyone know if the newly added materials can appear even on this March exams? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Anything is testable on the USMLE.

Reactions: 1 user
I once heard the dumbest idea ever from a student. She suggested that the STEP won't test FA 2016 until later in the year, because it just came out.

Reality check: FA catches up to STEP. STEP is not waiting for FA to make moves. I have read both versions and will admit the differences are minute. The "differences" you are talking about could have been on STEP exams long time ago.

You are very close to you exam, like me. Don't start opening fresh textbooks is my opinion. Also, some of the changes are reflected in Qbanks.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
There was a fact in the FA 2015 (and not in the FA 2014) that was on my Step 1. You may only have 1-2 questions like that, but you should still gloss over the pdf on the FA website that goes over what they added/changed to the new edition since those can be tested.

Members don't see this ad :)
so what's the consensus on whether to use FA2015 w/ errata or FA2016? I am taking my test in 2.5months, and I just started UWorld. I have both versions. Which book should I annotate in?

Last edited:
so what's the consensus on whether to use FA2015 w/ errata or FA2016? I am taking my test in 2.5months, and I just started UWorld. I have both versions. Which booth should I annotate in?
If you are starting from scratch, 2016.

Reactions: 1 user