Will VCU/MCV send out decisions soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

st85

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The adcom only meets on Mondays and this is the last Monday before the 15th. My understanding is they were supposed to make offers before the 15th of this month, so they wouldnt wait until next monday which would be the 15th. Does anyone know anything or talked to anyone at the admissions office?

Members don't see this ad.

It was my impression that if the admissions committee meets on monday, they don't send acceptances out until the next morning. So probably you will have to check your email tomorrow morning, and hopefully they will have made offers. However, I thought that they were not going to do another round of admissions until March 16th. Good luck, and hope you hear good news soon.

st85,

did you get a message saying your application was put on hold until a later date?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, did you? my file was reviewed on 2/22 and I received notice a couple days later, so I don't think my file was considered with the february offers, so I am praying for march.

i was in the admissions office this morning and it sound as if they are behind and it will be couple weeks after the March 15th, maybe April. the only thing i wonder about is the March 15th date on the AMCAS website, but i don't think they have to follow that to the letter. more of a guideline. i interviewed there really late (Feb 12) and the ADCOM reviewed my file today so that puts them 3 weeks behind. they will finish interviews this Thursday so I am guessing first to second week of April.

I interviewed on 2/11 and they reviewed my file on 2/22

wow that sux.

st85, yah i got that notice too. we interviewed on the same day i believe. i really don't feel like waiting until the second week of april. my guess is it won't take that long.

cashmoney,
when did you get the notice?

Originally posted by cashmoney
wow that sux.

st85, yah i got that notice too. we interviewed on the same day i believe. i really don't feel like waiting until the second week of april. my guess is it won't take that long.

i got the notice at the end of last week (march 5 i think)

well thats weird, why did I get mine so soon after interviewing

Originally posted by st85
well thats weird, why did I get mine so soon after interviewing

st85 - I thought you had posted earlier that you received the status page update with the interview survey request? Did you get another status update telling you that you have been placed on hold?
I was also under the impression that they wouldn't send out offers until after March 15th. If anything, I was expecting the 16th at the earliest... but i'll keep my fingers crossed!

First I got the status change thatt said my application was on hold, then 2 or 3 days later, I got another status change, and that was the one asking for the survey. I was just thinking that they might have to make offers before the 15th because of that AAMC rule, but like someone already said on here, that is probably just a guideline and not set in stone.

mine was different. first i got the interview survey and then i got the hold. also, i think i remember who you were (st85). Aren't you that really tall guy with glasses?
-money

Well, I'm sorta tall, and wear glasses, but there was another guy there who was taller and also had glasses. Were you the guy from Louisiana?

the one and only. wait, did you do ur undergrad at uva?
peace

Yeah, thats me