Will you be working during OT school?

About the Ads

affa

7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2011
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Just curious if anyone will be working during grad school? If so, does it relate to OT?
    My program only meets about 4 days a month, the rest is online. I am planning on working at least half time but ideally 3/4 time.The program is expensive! I am hoping to only take out loans for the tuition and make enough money to live on.

Not that I have a job lined up or anything.Don't suppose anyone in the Philly/ New York area knows of a job for recent grad with a a bio/ natural science/ intermediate Spanish background? Yeah, didn't think so.

OTdream

Apr 14, 2012
      My program only meets about 4 days a month, the rest is online. I am planning on working at least half time but ideally 3/4 time.The program is expensive! I am hoping to only take out loans for the tuition and make enough money to live on.

Not that I have a job lined up or anything.Don't suppose anyone in the Philly/ New York area knows of a job for recent grad with a a bio/ natural science/ intermediate Spanish background? Yeah, didn't think so.
      Not sure how much experience/interest you have in kids but nannying in NYC is a gold mine! And if you speak spanish or french fluently you might have an advantage.

Shelby029

10+ Year Member
      Mar 30, 2009
      1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
        I sure hope I can work during school. Probably nothing related to OT. It'd have to be something very flexible since OT school involves a lot of meetings/labs/fieldwork/group work. Ideally 20 hours a week. :)

STCM

Jan 30, 2012
          I agree that 15-20 hrs/week seems reasonable. I've been working as a waitress while finishing my prereqs and it's been perfect. I work only nights, mostly on weekends and the shifts are generally only 5 or 6 hours long. It's a nice, small place and we have lots of regular customers so I can make pretty good money working with respectful people. I will probably continue to work a couple days a week during my program so I don't have to take out loans for all my living expenses.

Feb 7, 2012
            I'll most likely continue my job working with an adolescent girl with autism. I will be working anywhere from 5-25 hours depending on the week. If it starts to disrupt my performance in school I will cut back or quit.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.