Will you be working during OT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTgal03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone will be working during grad school? If so, does it relate to OT?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to keep my part time job if accepted to my local schools. It is medical oriented.

I hope to be able to work on campus. I'm going to be going to an instate-yeah tuition-school in a more rural area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also wondering about this. Regardless of what job you will have, how many hours to you plan to work during OT school?

Just curious if anyone will be working during grad school? If so, does it relate to OT?
My program only meets about 4 days a month, the rest is online. I am planning on working at least half time but ideally 3/4 time.The program is expensive! I am hoping to only take out loans for the tuition and make enough money to live on.

Not that I have a job lined up or anything.Don't suppose anyone in the Philly/ New York area knows of a job for recent grad with a a bio/ natural science/ intermediate Spanish background? Yeah, didn't think so.

My program only meets about 4 days a month, the rest is online. I am planning on working at least half time but ideally 3/4 time.The program is expensive! I am hoping to only take out loans for the tuition and make enough money to live on.

Not that I have a job lined up or anything.Don't suppose anyone in the Philly/ New York area knows of a job for recent grad with a a bio/ natural science/ intermediate Spanish background? Yeah, didn't think so.
Not sure how much experience/interest you have in kids but nannying in NYC is a gold mine! And if you speak spanish or french fluently you might have an advantage.

I sure hope I can work during school. Probably nothing related to OT. It'd have to be something very flexible since OT school involves a lot of meetings/labs/fieldwork/group work. Ideally 20 hours a week. :)

I agree that 15-20 hrs/week seems reasonable. I've been working as a waitress while finishing my prereqs and it's been perfect. I work only nights, mostly on weekends and the shifts are generally only 5 or 6 hours long. It's a nice, small place and we have lots of regular customers so I can make pretty good money working with respectful people. I will probably continue to work a couple days a week during my program so I don't have to take out loans for all my living expenses.

I'll most likely continue my job working with an adolescent girl with autism. I will be working anywhere from 5-25 hours depending on the week. If it starts to disrupt my performance in school I will cut back or quit.