William Beaumont and university of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Madham32

Reaction score
hello! First time poster. I was recently offered a sub I at William Beaumont for IM. Also got another offer for another month at university of Chicago northshore campus. Was wondering if anyone has rotated at either hospital and if anyone can share their experiences. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve searches through the forums, but everything seems kind of dated

I’ve searches through the forums, but everything seems kind of dated

Really? Northshore Evanston input please
What do you want to know about Beaumont? I have multiple friends doing IM residency there. PM me if interested.

I will say that both are similar in many ways. Both are relatively well-run community-like programs (although Beaumont is recently now academic) with fellowship matches that are above average if you compare them to other community programs. They're also very similarly ranked if you put any stock in subjective rankings like Doximity, but that's probably a coincidence. The patient demographics that you'll see there are also very similar populations both being wealthy suburban, white populations. Beaumont is probably a better hospital in terms of reputation which is not a knock against Northshore, but Beaumont Health is one of the top 3 health systems in Michigan (the other two being UMich and Henry Ford). UChicago Northshore has 5 academic IM programs within the city and suburban area that are stronger that will take lots of the tertiary referrals (although that shouldn't be your concern as an IM resident).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Really? Northshore Evanston input please
What do you want to know about Beaumont? I have multiple friends doing IM residency there. PM me if interested.

I will say that both are similar in many ways. Both are relatively well-run community-like programs (although Beaumont is recently now academic) with fellowship matches that are above average if you compare them to other community programs. They're also very similarly ranked if you put any stock in subjective rankings like Doximity, but that's probably a coincidence. The patient demographics that you'll see there are also very similar populations both being wealthy suburban, white populations. Beaumont is probably a better hospital in terms of reputation which is not a knock against Northshore, but Beaumont Health is one of the top 3 health systems in Michigan (the other two being UMich and Henry Ford). UChicago Northshore has 5 academic IM programs within the city and suburban area that are stronger that will take lots of the tertiary referrals (although that shouldn't be your concern as an IM resident).
lol I saw the north shore post after I made this. Im looking forward to my William Beaumont Sub-I. Thanks for the input!

Beaumont is q5 call. That's better than q4, right? And it's the biggest hospital in Michigan by beds. That's all I know.

Reactions: 1 users