William Carey University - College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the waiting is dreadful......

Members don't see this ad.

The ever elusive Emily. I think I'll try the emailing thing as well. When it comes to the deposit it never hurts to leave a digital paper trail.

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw a 'Congrats' to all of you that have been/will be accepted into William Carey... Due to my military service, I have [once again] had to withdraw my app's however, I am hoping that this coming cycle I will finally be able to finish [& get in] my application. This school looks to be a phenomenal benefit to both the medical community as well as to those whom it directly serves.

Congrats again.

Bryce

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah in the middle of the night. hopefully thats a positive sign. have any of you spoken with emily? any updated news on how many seats have been filled/ how many acceptances have been given out already?

yeah in the middle of the night. hopefully thats a positive sign. have any of you spoken with emily? any updated news on how many seats have been filled/ how many acceptances have been given out already?

38 deposits received as of Friday. I forget the exact number of acceptances, but it was close to 60. They've also received approximately 1100 secondaries!

Hi robbinblue458,

I received my secondary in the middle of the night too. Thought that was strange. Considering the school looks overflowed with applicants, are you still going to submit your secondary? I'm just unsure if I should, since I'm an out-of-state applicant.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

38 deposits received as of Friday. I forget the exact number of acceptances, but it was close to 60. They've also received approximately 1100 secondaries!

Just to avoid confusion, this number refers to the number of applicants to the school, not the secondaries :)

Hi robbinblue458,

I received my secondary in the middle of the night too. Thought that was strange. Considering the school looks overflowed with applicants, are you still going to submit your secondary? I'm just unsure if I should, since I'm an out-of-state applicant.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

I would definitely encourage you to apply!!

Just to avoid confusion, this number refers to the number of applicants to the school, not the secondaries :)

oh yes, thats what I meant to say..1100 applicants...thanks for clarifying!

Just wanted to throw a 'Congrats' to all of you that have been/will be accepted into William Carey... Due to my military service, I have [once again] had to withdraw my app's however, I am hoping that this coming cycle I will finally be able to finish [& get in] my application. This school looks to be a phenomenal benefit to both the medical community as well as to those whom it directly serves.

Congrats again.

Bryce

Sorry to hear you won't be joining the party next year. At least it's for an honorable cause.

Yeah that seemed a bit exorbitant. $55,000 in secondary application fees!

Last edited:
Anyone hear about JSU wanting to start a DO program?

Anyone hear about JSU wanting to start a DO program?

I don't know if the project stalled or completely died but the funding for the feasibility planning stage is due to run out in June of this year. Perhaps they will announce their findings at that point. My guess is that regardless of the school's findings there simply isn't enough money in the state budget for education to allow a public university to take on a task of this magnitude. That's not to say opinions couldn't change once the situation improves. As of now, the MS legislature is deciding whether or not to merge JSU with several other HBCU's, some of which have been longtime rivals.

Last edited:
just got an interview invitation for april 7. this will be my first interview for med school and i was wondering if anyone who has interviewed at william carey can offer any insight about what kind of questions/atmosphere etc to expect. i would appreciate any help!! thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got an interview invitation for april 7. this will be my first interview for med school and i was wondering if anyone who has interviewed at william carey can offer any insight about what kind of questions/atmosphere etc to expect. i would appreciate any help!! thanks.

everyone is very sweet there! i didn't think it was a stressful interview at all. check out the interview feedback, i just did one. http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/wcu-com/survey/27

congrats! when did you submit your secondary? i submitted mine about a week ago........oh i pray every night i get an interview

When did you get the invite?

I sent in my secondary around March 9th. Generally how long does it take to get a response from William Carey? I honestly wish I knew about this school before, I def would have applied back in September!!!!!!!! I honestly feel that this is the school for me!

I sent in my secondary around March 9th. Generally how long does it take to get a response from William Carey? I honestly wish I knew about this school before, I def would have applied back in September!!!!!!!! I honestly feel that this is the school for me!

i mailed my secondary 1/13 and got an interview invitation 2/1, just to give you an idea.

and i've started the WCU-COM class of 2014 thread on the osteopathic class threads. i paid my deposit so i'm official :D. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=710055

i mailed my secondary 1/13 and got an interview invitation 2/1, just to give you an idea.

and i've started the WCU-COM class of 2014 thread on the osteopathic class threads. i paid my deposit so i'm official :D. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=710055

congrats! it must feel amazing to be finally done with this application cycle. i pray to god i get a chance to interview. you seem to be the only active member on this thread now. we have to do something about that :)

congrats! it must feel amazing to be finally done with this application cycle. i pray to god i get a chance to interview. you seem to be the only active member on this thread now. we have to do something about that :)

well it is 1:17 in the morning here on the east coast. i imagine the sane people are sleeping. you should email them with your sdn username so they can see how badly you want this :p.

well it is 1:17 in the morning here on the east coast. i imagine the sane people are sleeping. you should email them with your sdn username so they can see how badly you want this :p.

yeah it is pretty late (i'm on the east coast too!). its funny because i find myself checking this thread every hour. i sent my secondary out through priority mail on the 9th and have not heard back from William Carey in regards of having a complete application. im going to give emily a call tomorrow morning to see if she received my professors LOR via fax. oh by the way are you serious about the email including my username? do you think it would work? oh and thnx for the late night response now i can finally get some sleep :)

yeah it is pretty late (i'm on the east coast too!). its funny because i find myself checking this thread every hour. i sent my secondary out through priority mail on the 9th and have not heard back from William Carey in regards of having a complete application. im going to give emily a call tomorrow morning to see if she received my professors LOR via fax. oh by the way are you serious about the email including my username? do you think it would work? oh and thnx for the late night response now i can finally get some sleep :)

no i was just kidding don't do it! they never sent me anything to tell me i was complete (as far as i can remember), just got the interview invite. i would check up on it just to make sure they have received the lor. don't go to bed, keep me amused!

Haha, I know Dr. Lovins checks on here from time to time. Yeah I wouldn't attach any identifiers other than your AACOMAS# and full name for any email. I highly doubt they would go out of their way to look into your SDN profile. But then again the series of tubes have recently become a useful candidate research tool especially when considering how some applicants use it as a playground with complete disregard to propriety, leaving a crumb trail of unprofessional banter in their wake. I loves the anonymous interwebs.

Last edited:
i had my secondary in by the end of november and just got the interview invite last week. anyone else interviewing april 7th??????

congrats! when did you submit your secondary? i submitted mine about a week ago........oh i pray every night i get an interview

I submitted my secondary back in october, complete in october as well, and I have been praying ever since.. hoping for a chance for interview soon too.. good luck! :xf::xf:

I am so excited that I have an interview at WCU this coming week. I have heard great things about it from several people. I can't wait to see it.:)

I did not know that MS had a new medical school way to go. I am going to spend a lot of my free time in MS due to my bf living there. I hope to make friends with a few people at your school since we all are going to new schools and are class of 2014. Next summer I will spend it all in MS, and I will start studying for my boards so hopefully I will find a friend that wants the same. Also I have no MS friends so it would be nice to make some.

Anyway congrats and I wish everyone luck.

I submitted my secondary back in october, complete in october as well, and I have been praying ever since.. hoping for a chance for interview soon too.. good luck! :xf::xf:

hopefully our prayers will be answered soon. yeah i never gave wcu my student doc info.....i just want to attend william carey soooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. im so nervous because march is almost over.......school ends in may/graduation!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have info on the post bach program they have? Is there a guaranteed interview or acceptance upon completing the program with a certain GPA?

Hi guys, for those who got into William Carey, if you dont mind, could you post how you found out and about when you found out after your interview. (IE. Like via phone and 1 week later)

Hi guys, for those who got into William Carey, if you dont mind, could you post how you found out and about when you found out after your interview. (IE. Like via phone and 1 week later)

interviewed on a wednesday, got a phone call that friday that i was in.

Does anyone have info on the post bach program they have? Is there a guaranteed interview or acceptance upon completing the program with a certain GPA?

I assume you're referring to the one year Master's in Biomedical Sciences program. The current class was admitted to the program before the D.O. school received provisional accredidation, so the rules may change as the program shifts from being under the control of WCU's School of Graduate Studies to the control of the COM next year.

That being said: Of the original 19 students who started the program, the remaining 13 will be granted an interview on April 20th. This is an interview only, no acceptances have been guaranteed. The interviewees will be notified of their admissions decision around April 26th, with graduation from the Master's program being May 14th.

just giving an update. no email or call for an interview but last monday i found out that my app is complete. emily told me i should be hearing back from william carey in a couple of weeks. does that mean about 3 weeks since 4 weeks is a month?

just giving an update. no email or call for an interview but last monday i found out that my app is complete. emily told me i should be hearing back from william carey in a couple of weeks. does that mean about 3 weeks since 4 weeks is a month?

lol ok honey time to just be patient and not nit pick analyze every word that she told you...:smuggrin:

I assume you're referring to the one year Master's in Biomedical Sciences program. The current class was admitted to the program before the D.O. school received provisional accredidation, so the rules may change as the program shifts from being under the control of WCU's School of Graduate Studies to the control of the COM next year.

That being said: Of the original 19 students who started the program, the remaining 13 will be granted an interview on April 20th. This is an interview only, no acceptances have been guaranteed. The interviewees will be notified of their admissions decision around April 26th, with graduation from the Master's program being May 14th.

Hey sweetusername are you currently part of the graduate class?

Technically they're only interviewing 10 of the remaining 13. Three did not apply.

Since the cycle already is almost done what happens if they do not get accepted? Did they already apply to other schools? I am following this thread becuase i just told a few friends they have another MS school so they will be applying next year.

Technically they're only interviewing 10 of the remaining 13. Three did not apply.

I did not know that MS had a new medical school way to go. I am going to spend a lot of my free time in MS due to my bf living there. I hope to make friends with a few people at your school since we all are going to new schools and are class of 2014. Next summer I will spend it all in MS, and I will start studying for my boards so hopefully I will find a friend that wants the same. Also I have no MS friends so it would be nice to make some.

Anyway congrats and I wish everyone luck.

not sure if i'd count as an ms friend, since i was raised in florida (miami actually lol). but i'll be in ms! and i can be your friend! not sure about during that summer, though. hopefully i'll be doing what you're doing and visiting my boyfriend (or did bf mean best friend for you? either way, he's both things to me :)).

thats okay yes bf is boyfriend and best freind yes i still look forward to meeting youwow a MIA girl i am going to pm you later. congrats on your acceptance.

not sure if i'd count as an ms friend, since i was raised in florida (miami actually lol). but i'll be in ms! and i can be your friend! not sure about during that summer, though. hopefully i'll be doing what you're doing and visiting my boyfriend (or did bf mean best friend for you? either way, he's both things to me :)).

How do you apply to this program? I don't think my stats are good enough for WCU DO school right now, but doing this Master's might help. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks

yeah i guess i'll have to play the wonderful wait game :)

Any idea on how many seats have been filled up????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yeah i guess i'll have to play the wonderful wait game :)

Any idea on how many seats have been filled up????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
45 seats are filled.

hey did anyone hear from william carey ? this waiting game = no fun:scared:

It would be nice to know if my application is complete. I have emailed Emily twice and no response. :confused:

It would be nice to know if my application is complete. I have emailed Emily twice and no response. :confused:

her last name has 2 t's. i know there is an email address somewhere on their page with only 1 t. so double check that you sent it to the right one. :) or perhaps try emailing a different person?

I have the right e-mail because she has emailed me before. I guess she is pretty busy. Thanks for your help though.

Anybody heard back that had interviews last week?

Anybody heard back that had interviews last week?

Great question! I am also waiting to hear back from last week. I was hoping to have an answer yesterday...or at least today. I know they call you if you are accepted, but how do they contact those who are not???