Windows 8, multi-monitor, and USMLE questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to switch screens/monitors in Windows 8 so I can immediately search in a new window .. Is there a reason why this is so many steps, open a new browser move cursor, etc... cursuor bounces off screen multiple times, etc., I thought this was supposed to be easier to do multi-monitor ! Someone please post a sensible reply. Should I not be so annoyed?

Members don't see this ad.

If you could more clearly define the question I'd be more than happy to help. Maybe sending a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

I give up.. it's almost too difficult to describe, but basically you should be able to shift via mouse gesture (for example three fingers horizontally (maybe you can change those settings but very opaque)) to, say, center the cursor to the other monitor, or double click the top task bar to switch the window to the other monitor..(i.e., to get rid of it and save it for future reference, say you want to bring over and dispose of a large flow-type diagram to or from the big monitor, or the one closest to you(the one you have your nose glued to while doing questions)) .. .. at any rate clearly there is an issue.. the default calender box on Windows 8 doesn't cclick over to an actual calender, but a diagry with today's date(and not even the time)!

for example, why can't I pull up a floating clock that is about 1/32 the size of the screen, I mean, even firecracker allows you to hit the "S" key to toggle the answer box, very useful... microsoft is over 30 years old now, shouldn't this have been an option decades ago?

Last edited: