Program-Specific Info / Q's Wingate University OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbOT626

Occupational Therapy Student
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I sent in my application to Wingate University at the beginning of August, and found out that I have an interview at the end of October! I know that this is the first cycle for their interviews. I was wondering if anyone else got an interview invitation from them? Also, you anyone is an NC resident, what is the area like? I’m a GA resident!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just sent my application to Wingate this week. It has been verified by OTCAS already.. How long did it take for you to hear back from them?

Hi! I just sent my application to Wingate this week. It has been verified by OTCAS already.. How long did it take for you to hear back from them?

Hi! I sent in my application the second week of August, and I knew Sept 23rd about my interview! They were relatively quick. They told me they are having interviews in October, November, and January!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I sent in my application the second week of August, and I knew Sept 23rd about my interview! They were relatively quick. They told me they are having interviews in October, November, and January!
Thank you so much! Best of Luck to you!

Hi guys! I just submitted my app to Wingate about a week ago. I went to an info session and was quite impressed with the layout of the program. What are your thoughts?

Hi guys! I just submitted my app to Wingate about a week ago. I went to an info session and was quite impressed with the layout of the program. What are your thoughts?

Hi! After going to their interview session, I agree that their program layout seems very good. What concerned me was that they still had to hire 2-3 professors, and build their new building by August of next year! From what we understood, it didn’t seem like they had started the changes to the building yet so I think it may be a time crunch. With that being said, the faculty that they have on board now seems really great! I got waitlisted after the interview, but i look forward to hearing from them!

My interview is at the end of November! How did yours go? I don't know what to expect!

Hi! After going to their interview session, I agree that their program layout seems very good. What concerned me was that they still had to hire 2-3 professors, and build their new building by August of next year! From what we understood, it didn’t seem like they had started the changes to the building yet so I think it may be a time crunch. With that being said, the faculty that they have on board now seems really great! I got waitlisted after the interview, but i look forward to hearing from them!
so they give you an answer shortly after the interview?

so they give you an answer shortly after the interview?

Hey! The interview was very laid back! The interviewers were very conversational, it was very easy to speak with, and conversate with them! I'm sure you will do great!! Also, I interviewed on Friday and knew Monday that I was waitlisted! :)

Last edited:
Hey! The interview was very laid back! The interviewers were very conversational, it was very easy to speak with, and conversate with them! I'm sure you will do great!! Also, I interviewed on Friday and knew Monday that I was waitlisted! :)
What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking! I’m so nervous I won’t get in

I am also interviewing at Wingate and was wondering if the interviews were one-on-one or group interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking! I’m so nervous I won’t get in

Hey! Sorry for the late reply- holiday season is upon us!!

GPA: 3.6
Pre-req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 145 V, 149 Q, 4.0 W.
Hours:
Outpatient Pediatric: 268
Inpatient Hospital (cardiac, ICU, Oncology, Neurology 45)
Outpatient Geriatric: 28

I also work as a unit secretary at a SNF. Have been there for a year :)

Hey! Sorry for the late reply- holiday season is upon us!!

GPA: 3.6
Pre-req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 145 V, 149 Q, 4.0 W.
Hours:
Outpatient Pediatric: 268
Inpatient Hospital (cardiac, ICU, Oncology, Neurology 45)
Outpatient Geriatric: 28

I also work as a unit secretary at a SNF. Have been there for a year :)
How did you get waitlisted omg! I would have thought you would have been accepted asap

How did you get waitlisted omg! I would have thought you would have been accepted asap
Haha i’m not sure!! But i’d rather take a waitlist seat over a denied. They said that most of us would be waitlisted as they were only going to accept a handful because it was the first interview date of 3.

Haha i’m not sure!! But i’d rather take a waitlist seat over a denied. They said that most of us would be waitlisted as they were only going to accept a handful because it was the first interview date of 3.
Mine is this Friday and I so so nervous I am going to get denied. I wonder if it will be the case for the November round of interviews as well!

Mine is this Friday and I so so nervous I am going to get denied. I wonder if it will be the case for the November round of interviews as well!
I’m not sure!!! But dont stress too mich about it! The interview process was very relaxed. There’s little to no added stress from the faculty. Also, you will get to chat with the other interviewees between the interview and writing portions. Just take a deep breathe, you’ll do great!! :)

I’m not sure!!! But dont stress too mich about it! The interview process was very relaxed. There’s little to no added stress from the faculty. Also, you will get to chat with the other interviewees between the interview and writing portions. Just take a deep breathe, you’ll do great!! :)
Ah thank you! I wonder how many they have accepted so far!

Has anyone heard back about an interview in January?

I was at the interview Friday as well and haven't heard back yet! Hoping to hear back soon because I really loved their program

Just heard back this morning from Wingate - I got accepted! Has anyone else been accepted and plan on going?

I haven’t heard back yet! What were your stats!

Majors: BS in Biology, BA in Psychology
GPA: 3.9
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155V, 156Q, 4.5W
Shadowing hours: over 200

and yes, I interviewed Friday

Hi! I applied to Wingate's program and was accepted in October. I understand your concerns about the time crunch. Due to the fact I am a student at Wingate, I have been able to monitor the progress of the program developing. As of December 13th, they had not starting building or making changes to the building. However, I have heard that they have professors lined up for the start of the program.

Hi! I applied to Wingate's program and was accepted in October. I understand your concerns about the time crunch. Due to the fact I am a student at Wingate, I have been able to monitor the progress of the program developing. As of December 13th, they had not starting building or making changes to the building. However, I have heard that they have professors lined up for the start of the program.
have you seen any updates? I was admitted am super excited!

No. There have been no changes made to the building from what I can see. Congrats on your acceptance!
They posted on Facebook that they had finished the offices, but that was all tehy had accomplished so far!

Do you remember any questions they asked that may have stuck out to you? Any curve ball questions that I should prepare for?

Do you remember any questions they asked that may have stuck out to you? Any curve ball questions that I should prepare for?
In the interview or the written portion?

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! Has anyone heard back about an interview in February? When I called back in December, they said that it would probably be Febuary when they sent out the next batch of emails but just wondering if anyone has heard!

Thank you so much! Did you also take your resume even tho they didn’t mention anything about it?

Thank you so much! Did you also take your resume even tho they didn’t mention anything about it?
I did, but I actually forgot to give it to them (oops!!) i was so nervous because it was my first OT school interview lol

I did, but I actually forgot to give it to them (oops!!) i was so nervous because it was my first OT school interview lol
I did the same! I was only going to give it to them if they asked, but never did. Thank you!

Has anyone that interviewed last Friday heard back?

Has anyone that got "waitlisted" heard anything back yet?

Has anyone that got "waitlisted" heard anything back yet?

I havent yet.. i emailed them a month or so ago asking for the latest date to hear from them and they said we could be pulled from the waitlist all the way up until the first day of class.

I was "wait listed" after my interview and I just got an acceptance email today!!:soexcited: