Winter break address?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwb8p

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is planning to do with regard to their official correspondence address for applications while they go home over winter break (where their college mail is inaccessible)?

Should you temporarily change your amcas address, notify individual schools, or what?

Members don't see this ad.

My school forwards all mail to my home address over break. I figure if I can't wait another few days for any correspondences then I've lost whatever virtues of patience I had at the beginning of this long application process.

good question. I'm expecting a decision from a school soon and I guess I'm gonna wait it out at my school address for a week or so. (I'm done with finals this Wednesday). Hopefully it won't take too long. I think changing your address would require you to notify every school in writing/by phone call. Kind of a lot of trouble if you are going to change it back in a few weeks. In hindsight, I probably should have just listed my parent's house as my main address.

Don't change your address - admissions offices are schools too they have breaks too. Not much will happen over winter break and certainly they wouldn't send something that needed immediate response. They know students have temporary at school addresses and they wouldn't do that. I doubt you will hear anything between like the 18th and the 5th so just relax and don't waste your time and the schools time by changing your address.