Winter Break is coming up, what are you going to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There Will Be Blood was so good. Daniel Day Lewis is peerless.

Nah Leo is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much shadowing do you do during winter break and holidays?

My school doesn't have us come back until around January 15 each year, so I am shadowing for two eight hour days the week following New Year's.

I'm going to play some vidya, have all the sex, hang out with my friends, and hopefully run a D&D session. Also, a good deal of SDN thrown in there because why not.

Reactions: 4 users
sleep, lift, eat, drink, meditate, write my FlexMed app

I'm going to play some vidya, have all the sex, hang out with my friends, and hopefully run a D&D session. Also, a good deal of SDN thrown in there because why not.

Hey leave some sex for the rest of us. Selfish prick.

Hey leave some sex for the rest of us. Selfish prick.

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

I'm going to study for my finals for two online courses! exams are sometime in mid january.

Drink until I pass out while watching some dank anime.

Then I'll get IRC to work and join a translation group or something.

Relaxing after this stressful semester. Orgo 2 professor already put slides up for the first few lectures so I'll look that over come January. Also joining a neuro lab next semester and have a lot of lit reading to do..fun fun :soexcited:

My small group of friends is out of town all break long...at least we go to go see the Hobbit last week.

What are you playing right now, @Mad Jack?

My small group of friends is out of town all break long...at least we go to go see the Hobbit last week.

What are you playing right now, @Mad Jack?
XCOM: Enemy Within, FTL, and I might put my PC rig back together and play some Payday 2.

Going to see The Hobbit tonight with my gf, she got hit with a surprise root canal tomorrow and nothing cheers her up like some Middle Earth.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gym, some Ben carson reading, and Jordan Belfort's straight line persuasion course

Binge watch my Taiwanese dramas, Bollywood movies, etc. I was going to pre-study for Physiology, but textbook we are using next semester hasn't been published yet. o_O

Reactions: 5 users
Thank god there are still some normal people on SDN...
Yeah, what's with all these gunners studying over winter break? Your grades don't define you lol.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, what's with all these gunners studying over winter break? Your grades don't define you lol.

Lol for real..... Ochem is tough, don't get me wrong. But no need to start prestudying.

People, for the love of god, please enjoy your winter BREAK as much as you can. It's called that for a reason.

Reactions: 1 users
I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't pre-study. Changing my plan and getting back into trading penny stocks over break. Adrenaline, adrenaline, adrenaline.

I'm going to drink lots of watermelon :laugh:

I am supposed to be pre-studying for a two-week accelerated math class that starts next Monday. However, I have been incapacitated for the past two days because my family got me sick.
To make matters worse, I have to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow.
On the bright side, I discovered this math class will be pass/fail, and to be honest, I am not sure if I would have mad an A otherwise. Also, I have to take this math class at a university, 8 hours away (don't ask why). My friend found me a place to stay for 100 bucks!
So although I am sick and stressed, things are actually looking up.

I am supposed to be pre-studying for a two-week accelerated math class that starts next Monday. However, I have been incapacitated for the past two days because my family got me sick.
To make matters worse, I have to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow.
On the bright side, I discovered this math class will be pass/fail, and to be honest, I am not sure if I would have mad an A otherwise. Also, I have to take this math class at a university, 8 hours away (don't ask why). My friend found me a place to stay for 100 bucks!
So although I am sick and stressed, things are actually looking up.
$100 for two weeks? Wtf? Hopefully it's not a dog house?! That's incredible

$100 for two weeks? Wtf? Hopefully it's not a dog house?! That's incredible
It is not a dog house. The house is 1.8 miles from the school as well. I guess it is good to have friends. I was ready to pay 300+.
I'm also going to have a bed and hot girl lives there as well. I got very lucky considering I only started planning a week ago.

Blaze through my queue on Crunchyroll (aka anime marathon), read a bunch of books, write fanfiction (my guilty pleasure), work on applications for summer research programs, and go to Cali for a week.

Tis not a dog house. The house is 1.8 miles from the school as well. I guess Tis good to have friends. I was ready to pay 300+.
I'm also going to have a bed and hot girl lives there as well. I got very lucky considering I only started planning a week ago.

Stay safe :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thank god there are still some normal people on SDN...

Let's chill. Let's get some liquor, turn on espn, pregame while watching sports and listening to dope rap/hip hop, and hit up bars. Others welcome to join.

Let's chill. Let's get some liquor, turn on espn, pregame while watching sports and listening to dope rap/hip hop, and hit up bars. Others welcome to join.

Room for one more? I'll bring some loud.

I'm going to be doing nothing! Woop!

Hell yeah! Except I usually stick to beer until I get to the bars... Or else the night gets a little too rowdy.

Blaze through my queue on Crunchyroll (aka anime marathon), read a bunch of books, write fanfiction (my guilty pleasure), work on applications for summer research programs, and go to Cali for a week.

What animes are you watching right now? I'm watching Mushishi and Monster.

What animes are you watching right now? I'm watching Mushishi and Monster.
Mushishi's pretty good. :) I'm currently watching Magi and Fate/zero. As for anime I've watched and like, I could go on and on and put people to sleep like verbal anaesthesia.

Mushishi's pretty good. :) I'm currently watching Magi and Fate/zero. As for anime I've watched and like, I could go on and on and put people to sleep like verbal anaesthesia.

Oh I know asking for Anime recommendations is like asking someone to tell you their life story. Mushishi makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.

Update: my fever is barely existent; I will continue to load up on OJ Ibuprofen and hot tea with honey.
I will not be bed ridden tonight!

Oh, and if anyone is really bored and has access to Netflix, I HIGHLY encourage binge watching Parks and Rec if you haven't already. I know I'm like 5 years behind, but I just started watching it last week. Incredible.

Oh, and if anyone is really bored and has access to Netflix, I HIGHLY encourage binge watching Parks and Rec if you haven't already. I know I'm like 5 years behind, but I just started watching it last week. Incredible.
I see all the gifs on my Tumblr dash (especially of Ron and Andy) and it looks like a really funny show. Thanks for the suggestion.