Winter Break MCAT-Studying Misery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDman87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else out there is using their time off from studying for school to study for the MCAT. Personally, I took December 24-26 off to spend w/family, but now it's back to the grind. Anyone else feel my pain?

Members don't see this ad.

im studying now part time while i work full time and studying fully time starting jan 15..to may so I do feel your pain..the last time i took it my whole winter break was eaten up by the mcats. i feel your pain..but hang in there. i am sure you will do great =)

Yeah. Studying this hard during winter break is tough.

At least we're studying NOW, though, and not summer break! I'm okay with staying out of the cold frozen-over misery outside. I can still have hot chocolate and feel like I'm in the winter spirit. But I'd be pounding my head against my desk if I had to pass over float trips, bonfires, and random roadtrips. Summer vacation! Cannot wait. (Unless any of you guys are studying during both winter AND summer breaks.. in which case, you know, go you. Definitely not my plan!)

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't taken any days off yet (though i did take 2 afternoons off), but i feel your pain. my friends are all hanging out and i have to tell them something lame, like "i'm studying"...makes me sound like a complete dork :p

at least i've improved from a 28 on AAMC3 to 31-36 on the other AAMC's...? my consolation i suppose

Nice improvement, creativekat. I can only hope for the same. I'm trying to save my practice tests until I've got the content down, but I made a 26 on my first one a couple of days ago. . . about what I expected, but it also reminds me how far I have to go.

The way I see it, I'll be more than happy to sacrifice a winter break if my future as a doctor depends on it. That's what I have to keep telling myself while I'm studying and everybody else is having fun. . .

I'm content studying now also.. since Fall Semester ended.. I also took off the 24th-26th but have been unfocused since I've gotten back.

I'm going hardcore tomorrow to try to get myself back in the swing of things at the library...

Is it bad to only focus on one subject? I've been working through the Physics (NOVA) book yet have not even opened the other subjects as of yet. (End of May MCAT)

Hi guys. It's pretty tough for me as well...I used excel to plot how many hours I spent really studying the MCAT. Not counting eating breaks/bathroom breaks/etc and I have only done about 8 hours over the last 2 weeks :lame: :thumbdown:

I did do some shadowing stuff plus there was this tournament I went do which kinda screwed up my schedule so to speak, but still I feel really lazy. Every night before I go to sleep I say "tomorrow will be different" but it never is haha...god knows how I will survive with MCAT studying once the school year starts.

Hi guys. It's pretty tough for me as well...I used excel to plot how many hours I spent really studying the MCAT. Not counting eating breaks/bathroom breaks/etc and I have only done about 8 hours over the last 2 weeks :lame: :thumbdown:

I did do some shadowing stuff plus there was this tournament I went do which kinda screwed up my schedule so to speak, but still I feel really lazy. Every night before I go to sleep I say "tomorrow will be different" but it never is haha...god knows how I will survive with MCAT studying once the school year starts.

HAH this is my problem too. It sucks when I realize I've wasted so much time doing nothing productive (like right now).

Man and I thought I was the only one. I am also suffering from acute laziness. But I am still pumped to study, I think I feel more pumped during school time because I get into the groove of studying so. I can't wait for a week to finish and get back into school fun.

Same boat here folks, Im starting to love physics all over again :) (haven't seen F = ma since 2001)

Man and I thought I was the only one. I am also suffering from acute laziness. But I am still pumped to study, I think I feel more pumped during school time because I get into the groove of studying so. I can't wait for a week to finish and get back into school fun.

yeah I can't wait until school starts either, except MCAT prep starts then for real and I might be destroyed.

:boom:

Alright it's night time again, time for me to be motivated right before I get tired and go to sleep vowing to study MCAT hardcore the next day. :(

at least one of you guys is taking it at the end of may.

I'm sitting for the Jan one. ughhh

I've been sitting at my desk from 9am-midnight almost every day...not that those entire 15 hours i'm doing something mcat-related. So I guess somewhere at 8-10 hours a day. Gotta eat, take naps, slack off and shower, hehe. And fantasize about what I'm gonna do after it's over and also daydream about what I'd do if I got a 40. (Yea right)

Hey, everyone. I was wondering when Kaplan and Princeton Review offered their MCAT prep classes. I've heard of some summer intensive courses but do they offer classes that last for a full semester (spring or fall)?? I could potentially be finished with my pre-med classes after summer 2009, so I was thinking of taking an MCAT prep class the following fall 2009 and sitting for the test early January. That way, I'd be done with it, and could get started on getting LORs, etc. :)

Thanks!!

Since winter break started been going to the gym and studying.
Taking it March 28