Winter break?

prepb18

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    Do adcoms generally take winter break along with their students? I know a bunch of med schools are ALREADY on winter break (or about to go on one) and I just realized that the admissions staff might fully take a hiatus as well...meaning no interview requests til January!

Anyone have any insight?

edfig99

15+ Year Member
    Feb 26, 2003
    NYC
    1. Attending Physician
    2. Academic Administration
      Do adcoms generally take winter break along with their students? I know a bunch of med schools are ALREADY on winter break (or about to go on one) and I just realized that the admissions staff might fully take a hiatus as well...meaning no interview requests til January!

Anyone have any insight?

it makes little sense to interview over winterbreak....no students around for tours, hosting, etc...

About the Ads

aubg23y78

10+ Year Member
      Feb 7, 2008
      NYS
      1. Medical Student
        I'm pretty sure most schools interview over break. Last year I did all my interviews in the NYC area when I was home over break. Had a few interview first week of january, however the down side, there were no classes in session. I know my current school Buffalo, did interviews the day before Thanksgiving purposely to accomidate locals.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.