Winter Weather Woes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be snowy and icy in D.C. Thurs. night into Friday morning, ending about 9 am ish....my interview day begins at 9:30 am

i'm assuming that everything should be fine, but they do state that in case of inclement weather causing the school to close would also cancel interviews. What does one do in this case? Rescheduling would really piss me off to tell you the truth after spending all that money on transportation/hotel and having weather that won't let me even go enjoy my stay....not to mention the trouble i already went through to get 2 days off from work. in a perfect world, the school would have you stay in the hotel for another night, pay for that night and get you a plane ticket back home, and have you interview that next day, but no, i'm assuming someone would tell me you would have to reschedule

what if i came from cali, for example, instead of from CT?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to take a real epic storm to close a school, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know at my undergrad, they closed the school for the first time ever, after we got a foot or two of snow in one day, but that was the one and only time it ever happened.

For my last 2 interviews ( in Boston & Philly), it was supposed to be snowy/icy, the works.

Turns out, the weather forecasters sucks. It flurried a little but nothing major so don't put too much stock in it. They like to predict more snow just in case. I'm sure itll be fine.

what's the deal with DC shutting down every time it snows? i have friends who work in DC and their offices close every time it snows. apparently, 2 inches of snow is a big deal there...it's just snow...shovel it and move on... :rolleyes: