Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Wisconsin help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by siempre595, Nov 12, 2002.

1. siempre595

7+ Year Member

Ok, so all their secondary stuff is due nov. 15th, and i've got it all there EXCEPT one rec I had to ask for special (they wanted a non-academic and i hadn't included one since I already had 5 letters). So I got someone to write it, but it still hasn't made it to my undergrad office for clearance to wisconsin yet! So i'm down to 2 days, and i know it can be faxed there in about 2 minutes once it arrives, but....what if hasn't arrived by the 15th??
    Anybody know how they look on requests for app extensions, i was thinking of emailing and asking for one extra day due to the situation. help??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WISC-ite

WISC-ite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Dude,

if i recall, the non-academic letter is "optional." Either way, the you can still give them the letter the day of the interview as this is what I did (well, it was mailed to them just before).

Best of luck and my advice would be to just call. The admissions people at Univ Wisconsin are very friendly.

Cheers,
    WISC-ite

4. siempre595

7+ Year Member

Gracias
    Didn't realize that was optional...oh well, the recommender is an alum there, so it can't hurt. Guess the app is complete then.
    Thanks again for the answer

5. Smurfette

Smurfette Antagonized by Azrael
    Administrator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Even if it isn't optional, you wouldn't have to worry. You got every thing else in, and the LORs are delayed more often than you think. Most admissions offices will tell you to get it in as soon as you can if you call to let them know. I've never heard of anyone rejected or denied an interview b/c of a late LOR. (though I'm sure if it has happened, someone will post about it....)

6. eschauberger

eschauberger Some Guy
    7+ Year Member

I had a similiar dillemma. Talk about giving me bad nightmares. My advisor just got my letters send to all of my schools. I did everything I possible could to get him to send them (stamped envelopes, I was even getting ready to offer him candy!!) I did have a coupon for some pretty cheap eggs to use on his house. I gave him 10 weeks!!!! Advice, tell them it's due at the end of the week. I think you'll be ok though!
    -=Eric