Wisconsin help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siempre595

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so all their secondary stuff is due nov. 15th, and i've got it all there EXCEPT one rec I had to ask for special (they wanted a non-academic and i hadn't included one since I already had 5 letters). So I got someone to write it, but it still hasn't made it to my undergrad office for clearance to wisconsin yet! So i'm down to 2 days, and i know it can be faxed there in about 2 minutes once it arrives, but....what if hasn't arrived by the 15th??
Anybody know how they look on requests for app extensions, i was thinking of emailing and asking for one extra day due to the situation. help??

Members don't see this ad.

Dude,

if i recall, the non-academic letter is "optional." Either way, the you can still give them the letter the day of the interview as this is what I did (well, it was mailed to them just before).

Best of luck and my advice would be to just call. The admissions people at Univ Wisconsin are very friendly.

Cheers,
WISC-ite

Gracias
Didn't realize that was optional...oh well, the recommender is an alum there, so it can't hurt. Guess the app is complete then.
Thanks again for the answer

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if it isn't optional, you wouldn't have to worry. You got every thing else in, and the LORs are delayed more often than you think. Most admissions offices will tell you to get it in as soon as you can if you call to let them know. I've never heard of anyone rejected or denied an interview b/c of a late LOR. (though I'm sure if it has happened, someone will post about it....)

I had a similiar dillemma. Talk about giving me bad nightmares. My advisor just got my letters send to all of my schools. I did everything I possible could to get him to send them (stamped envelopes, I was even getting ready to offer him candy!!) I did have a coupon for some pretty cheap eggs to use on his house. I gave him 10 weeks!!!! Advice, tell them it's due at the end of the week. I think you'll be ok though!
-=Eric