Wisconsin Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Woots32

kinda funky, kinda fine
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone non-EDP heard about interviews at UW-Madison? In the letter I got along w/ the secondary, it said something like, "You will recieve a seperate letter/correspondance about scheduling interviews." I can't remember the exact wording, but it was pretty ambiguous about whether they screen post-secondary. Thoughts? Anyone schedule an interview there yet, or know when they start (especially out of state)?

Members don't see this ad.

you will get an interview, so just wait on it. I interviewed a week ago and I have yet to send in my secondary or rec. letters. good luck with the interviews, they are real chill.
peace
H

Yeah, they send out interview invites before your file is complete. I even know people (granted WI residents) that got interview invitations before their secondaries. I interviewed in early Oct. and remember that many applicants there hadn't completed their file.

Best of luck. I would me happy to answer any questions.
WISC-ite

Woots, any word word from Mayo Mayo? Why are you so hot for the UW when you be raking all the mad acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by WISC-ite
Yeah, they send out interview invites before your file is
Woots, any word word from Mayo Mayo? Why are you so hot for the UW when you be raking all the mad acceptances?

Nope, nothin' yet. I thought they said they wouldn't be accepting anyone until closer to Turkey Day, but someone just got in - can't remember who just now. (If you're reading this - congrats! :clap: )

I like UW for what's probably a really stupid reason - my family spends alot of (drunken) fun times up there. (Curious? See the "Embarassing Moment" thread in the lounge.) I've always wanted to live in Wisconsin - and they have a great med school there. What a coincidence! ;)

Plus, the Yale brochure had a picture of students playing squash. UW-Madison had a picture of someone waterskiing. I know where I'd feel more at home. :)

I was just curious about the interview times because my family is trying to plan a vacation, and I'd like to avoid any interview conflicts. And as for the acceptances, I hope the raking ain't done yet!

Woot32, damn you are cool. I hope we both get into either Mayo or UW as I think we could have some good times together. You would definitely fit in at UW. Best o luck

Cheers,
WISC-ite

So, I'm heading to Madtown on the 15th for my interview, what should I expect? Any odd type interview practices (No interviewers dressed lucky Bucky Badger??!?) or crazy questions? I'm gonna try to make it to the reception the night before.
-=Eric

Hey Eric, are you in-state? Just wondering, because I called this past Friday and they said that they would start the out-of-state interviews around January. I just need to know to what degree I should spaz out. ;)

I am out of state and I will be interviewing on December 6...and I heard that December is when they start out of state interviews. By the way I got the interview invite mid october, and was complete with application in mid september.

Yea, I'm from Wisconsin (though 3 miles from Minnesota). Don't worry, Be happy!