Program-Specific Info / Q's wisconsin madison

• Thread starter occupational therapy
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how did they notify you?
When you look on your my UW account it says denied rather than pending and if you like to enter it says we apologize but you are denied from the program

When you look on your my UW account it says denied rather than pending and if you like to enter it says we apologize but you are denied from the program

ugh thats a bit cold on their part. May I ask what your stats are? Was Madison a first choice for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh thats a bit cold on their part. May I ask what your stats are? Was Madison a first choice for you?
Yeah kind of unfortunate but they can't pick everyone! I'm not positive on my stats my situation is really confusing because I'm currently an X-ray tech
from X-ray school I have a 3.8 which OTCAS doesn't count but from my undergrad at my university my last 60 is a 3.5 ish I believe? And overall I think around 3.1
I have lots of patient care hours from working as both a CNA and X-ray tech and then also 90 hours of shadowing
GRE was 153 for both and 3.5 for writing
I am not that good at writing or selling myself on paper so I don't feel my essay was as good as it could have been!!
I only applied to Madison and Milwaukee because I don't want to leave Wisconsin. I do not really have a first choice I just want to get accepted but I am also fortunate that I have a career and something to fall back on if it does not work out!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted today!:)

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome! What are your stats? Im hoping to hear back too!
I graduated from UW-Madison in December.
GPA: 3.7
Prereq GPA: 3.5
GRE: Q.157 V 154 W 4
I have shadowing hours in hand OT, pediatric OT, and diagnostic OT. Over 3oo hours.
I currently work as an ABA therapist for children with Autism!
Best of luck!! :)

Received my rejection letter this morning! Good luck to the rest of you all!

I was denied from Madison today. Good luck to everyone!!!

I'm sorry to hear. This process has felt like a self esteem killer for me haha. If you don't mind me asking.. did you hear from them via letter or email? Wishing this waiting game will be over soon!

I'm sorry to hear. This process has felt like a self esteem killer for me haha. If you don't mind me asking.. did you hear from them via letter or email? Wishing this waiting game will be over soon!

Letter that was dated March 3rd, and I live near Chicago so if you are farther maybe in a couple days you'll receive it.

Letter that was dated March 3rd, and I live near Chicago so if you are farther maybe in a couple days you'll receive it.
Hey! I'm am also waiting to hear back. Did they update your portal as well? Or did you receive the letter while your portal was still saying "pending"?

Hey! I'm am also waiting to hear back. Did they update your portal as well? Or did you receive the letter while your portal was still saying "pending"?

The question was for someone else but my portal still said pending when I got my acceptance. It did not change to accepted into they had received and reviewed my official transcripts about 3 weeks later.

Reactions: 1 users
The question was for someone else but my portal still said pending when I got my acceptance. It did not change to accepted into they had received and reviewed my official transcripts about 3 weeks later.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah they updated my portal to denied

i live in northern illinois and didn't receive anything. so annoying how they only send out chunks at a time. Like it's been over 5 months... if i didn't get in just let me know ASAP so i can move on to other plans haha.

i live in northern illinois and didn't receive anything. so annoying how they only send out chunks at a time. Like it's been over 5 months... if i didn't get in just let me know ASAP so i can move on to other plans haha.

True thats why I was so annoyed. I figured with "bigger schools" like UW-MAD its best to know yes or no and then move on. But you should know by next week they said (17th)

Well I got an email today telling me that I was waitlisted

Well I got an email today telling me that I was waitlisted
I am also waitlisted, do you know any additional information like if it's a rank system? I emailed the admissions coordinator but I haven't heard anything yet. I looked at a couple previous years forums and it seems like it is a rank but I'm not 100% sure...

I also got an email on Friday that I was waitlisted

I am also waitlisted, do you know any additional information like if it's a rank system? I emailed the admissions coordinator but I haven't heard anything yet. I looked at a couple previous years forums and it seems like it is a rank but I'm not 100% sure...
I actually have no idea how their waitlist works! I'm happy I didn't receive a rejection email, but still don't feel much better because I still am left waiting hahaha.

I just got an email saying that I was also waitlisted. Let me know if you guys get any more information. Seems like our waiting game continues. Haha

Anyone heard anything since being waitlisted?

Haven't heard a thing :( The email said they would let us know by beginning of May, right? One week left to go...
They said "by May 2017 and program starts June" that could mean anytime in May

I heard of some people being pulled off the waitlist this past Sunday. (I know of 2 people pulled from it and are accepting). Just makes me question if I stay on the waitlist :(

I emailed the admissions coordinator and she told me that school starts June 5th and that they keep their waitlist open past that date.