Wisconsin Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HessExpress

Holy Macaroni
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
On their online application, after clicking payment method (credit card), nothing happens. And, when I check "certify app" nothing happens as well.

Anyone else have this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

HessExpress said:
On their online application, after clicking payment method (credit card), nothing happens. And, when I check "certify app" nothing happens as well.

Might not be your problem but you must be using Internet Explorer.. Not FIREFOX.. It's specified in the instructions..

Don't worry though, they said they wouldn't be getting to the secondaries til their class is finalized.. so even if you submit it today.. they won't match the LORs, etc.. until late next week/early August..

Ahhhhh...thanks. I was trying to fill it out in my netscape browser, which was the problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
xSTALLiONx said:
you must be using Internet Explorer.. Not FIREFOX

Actually, I was able to do it with firefox, despite what they said :)

Are we talking about Wisconsin-Madison or Medical college of Wisc.?

^ that's what I was wondering, because I haven't seen one from UWisc, but I already finished MCW's.

TheProwler said:
^ that's what I was wondering, because I haven't seen one from UWisc, but I already finished MCW's.

I assumed the question was about MCW

Ah, I remember the UWisc. secondary being quite tedious. Awesome school, nonetheless.

HessExpress said:

I had the same problem. Called them. They told me that my security level is set too high. After adjusting it, I had no problem.

Which school are we talking about?!? +pissed+

The last few posts reference 2 different schools!!!

Ambs said:
Ah, I remember the UWisc. secondary being quite tedious. Awesome school, nonetheless.

What was the UWisc secondary like? is it an automatic secondary or do they review AMCAS apps first then make a cut? How long did it take for you to receive the secondary from them? Thanks

gbbdoc said:
What was the UWisc secondary like? is it an automatic secondary or do they review AMCAS apps first then make a cut? How long did it take for you to receive the secondary from them? Thanks

I submitted AMCAS in early August of 2004. UWisc screens before sending out secondary invites. Usually, the invite comes by snail mail, and I believe mine arrived sometime in September. I hadn't actually completed the secondary prior to my interview invite, which came in October, which was strange. The secondary has a portion that's a lot like the activities section of AMCAS. You're asked to list post-secondary experiences (dates, supervisor, description of activity) that you believe were of significant worth to you, and this time you have no limit unlike AMCAS's fifteen activity limit. Also, there is one additional essay and another optional essay (i.e. you should do it any way). I believe there is a third essay for those who are reapplying.

This is all strictly from memory, so I may be off by a little bit. Their admissions office is particularly nice -- I called about four weeks post-interview and simply said, "Hi, this is (my first name)," and the lady on the other end, said, "Hi, Ms. (my last name), right?" And this was probably the second time that I had ever called them!

Ambs said:
Usually, the invite comes by snail mail, and I believe mine arrived sometime in September. I hadn't actually completed the secondary prior to my interview invite, which came in October, which was strange.

Wisconsin sends automatic interview invites, which is probably what you received. I got mine by email, not snail mail.