wishing adcoms happy new year by e-mail = crazy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

euphoria

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to e-mail couple adcoms, especially my 1st choice with happy new year e-mail.
My husband said it's crazy and they'll think I am a nut and paranoid.
I don't see what's wrong with it.
Although I know it probably won't make any difference in admissions,:D , but any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do it. You'll come off as a freak that's kissing a@@.

They're not friends. You don't know them. So, they'll read it for what it is and probably just delete it. I'd offer them back rubs and love, the kind of love that cost a few bucks, if they'd be kind to me. I guess it's lucky that I'm in, because I'd be a man *****. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by euphoria
I was going to e-mail couple adcoms, especially my 1st choice with happy new year e-mail.
Although I know it probably won't make any difference in admissions,:D , but any thoughts?

did you interview there? or this is just a random thing that you are doing? well if you interviewed there i guess it might not be too bad. but if its just a random sending...i dont know how much they will care. i would assume some emails to the adcoms wouldnt even go to the people that have any say in the admissions process.

but if ya feel like it...nothing we can do to stop ya :p

they don't do nice things for you, why should you do nice things for them? :D

i actually emailed one today (that i pretty much have zero chance to get an interview at) and said happy new year, how do i get an interview, if i drop off some cookies will that work? then said seriously, what can i do to get an interview....i mean, what the hell, i've got nothing to lose but a rejection letter...

Don't do it unless they sent you a Christmas greeting or New Year greeting. I got one from TCOM, but since this is a pre-MD forum, I doubt that you applied there, so unless there are other schools out there that sent something like this, I would not send them an email.

Thanks for replies.

I did not e-mail. There is still time if I want to, but most likely I won't.
I did not interview there yet (hopefully, I will), but they sent me couple e-mails requesting additional transcripts.

So, it's OK, I'll just wait and see.

Good luck to everybody!

Originally posted by euphoria
Don't. It will come off smarmy and/or desperate no matter how you phrase it.

Originally posted by camstah
i actually emailed one today (that i pretty much have zero chance to get an interview at) and said happy new year, how do i get an interview, if i drop off some cookies will that work? then said seriously, what can i do to get an interview....i mean, what the hell, i've got nothing to lose but a rejection letter...

Let us know when you get a response. :clap:

will do :)
lets hope they at least appreciate the effort.....