With <3 weeks left, is it possible to bring a 8V to 10V?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jv00927

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken AAMC 3R and 7, and can definitely attest that Kaplan's verbal is quite different from the AAMC's. I've been getting 9's on Kaplan verbal but the AAMC ones are much more of struggle for me. They're just so vague. Anyway, if I keep doing the EK VR passages and AAMC and review them as EK advises, is it possible to bring my score up to at least a 10?

Members don't see this ad.

jv00927 said:
I've taken AAMC 3R and 7, and can definitely attest that Kaplan's verbal is quite different from the AAMC's. I've been getting 9's on Kaplan verbal but the AAMC ones are much more of struggle for me. They're just so vague. Anyway, if I keep doing the EK VR passages and AAMC and review them as EK advises, is it possible to bring my score up to at least a 10?
This is exactly what I was just pondering. I got an 8 on both the AAMC's I took too. In EK I got 9's and an occasional 10, so I don't know what I am doing wrong one the AAMC ones. Maybe it is just being tired from PS? I am going to try to "review" it like they said and see what happens. I admit I have not thoroughly reivewed any of them yet, like EK recommends. :rolleyes:

I really hope so. Maybe with more practice something will click and the most obvious choices will stand out. I think I'm overthinking a lot of the questions and trying to justify them by going back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say yes! I got a 9 in 3R and 4R and a 10 in 5R. 4R and 5R are supposed to be harder than 3, but I did better in both (was one point away from a 10 for 4R).

I got a six on the first EK 101 exam, then I figured out what was going on and pulled a 9 on the next one. Just keep practicing and be sure to understand why you missed some questions. Understanding what they want is key to doing better.

jv00927 said:

It's doable. I haven't found there to be a lot you can 'study' for a verbal section, but doing as many verbals as I can has helped. Try the AAMC 5R verbal; I found it to be very difficult, but helpful after reading through the answers thoroughly (i.e. why the wrong answers are wrong, why the correct answer was right).

Hope this helps, don't give up :thumbup: