With my GPA, what MCAT do i need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFeelGood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently studying for the April MCAT. I'm enrolled in Princeton Review.

I graduated with a 3.65 honor's gpa. 5 Yrs of volunteering, 2 years of research, I currently work as a medical assistant. Im trying to get a DO to shadow.

What MCAT would get me an interview to ANY DO school in the US? On an average? Im having a hard time studying for verbal considering English is my 3rd language.

Thanks
Micheal

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, if you post at least a 24 you should be competitive at most DO schools. i would try to shadow a DO for some time before applying though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, you poor guy (or girl) Someone telling you to get a 39 to get into medical school. Shoot for a 30...But if you fall short, you still have a good GPA and some ECs to hold you up too! Check out your science (Bio, Chem, Orgo, Physics, Calc) GPA, cause they look at that too! Good luck!!
:-D

3rd language? What are your others (if you don't mind my asking!) that's awesome, I wish I were multi-lingual!

3rd language? What are your others (if you don't mind my asking!) that's awesome, I wish I were multi-lingual!

Heck, I scored a 21 on my MCAT and got accepted for this fall at UHS. My gpa was about 3.45. I have a lot of experiences, which helped me out the most. Do volunteer work, community service, etc. Med schools really dig that stuff.

Good luck

Chris

Just curious...how do you "shoot for" a 30, or any score for that matter?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Mylaina:
•Oh, you poor guy (or girl) Someone telling you to get a 39 to get into medical school. Shoot for a 30...But if you fall short, you still have a good GPA and some ECs to hold you up too! Check out your science (Bio, Chem, Orgo, Physics, Calc) GPA, cause they look at that too! Good luck!!
:-D•••••They asked what score would get them an interview at ANY school. 39 would be the best answer since they said ANY, as in guaranteed.

Anyway, anybody with a 3.65 honors gpa, 3 languages, 5 years volunteering, 2 years research, and a princetin review course should nott have to ask. So, I said 39 kind of as a joke too because this persons stats are above average already and they should know any descent score will get them some interviews, but not at ANY school, just at some. Those stats and a 39 would likely get them an interview at ANY school though :wink:

Yeah, I know-- I took it as a "Any" as in at least one. I was just thinking 39? that would get you into Harvard!! ;-) Don't scare the poor kid though