1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

With these practice scores, how will I do? :S

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by Turtlez, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Turtlez

Turtlez ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I've taken the mcat last January and got 26S. I'm hoping for 31+ this time around. I guess I just need some assurance...

Kaplan FL 1-9: 34, 38, 40, 35, 39, 39, 40, 35, 35
    AAMC 5,7,8,10: 36, 36, 36, 37

If you have had similar practice scores, how do you think I will do? My test is in less than 3 weeks and I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach. ARGH! (1st post on sdn) Thanks for your responses!

#1 Turtlez, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. feipar

5+ Year Member

I avged 39 on FL 1 - 9, a 29 on FL 10 and 28 on FL 11

AAMC 3: 33, AAMC (4-11) avg: 38

Actual 36

4. PhaseShift11

Hey feipar, I was just wondering whether you did anything different when switching from Kaplan to AAMC?

I finished Kaplan FL 5 yesterday and now I'm switching to AAMC 7 in a couple days. It seems like your AAMC 3 was lower than normal because of the switch, did you just review it like you normally do and then your scores went back up to normal after that?

5. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    Keep in mind SDN normal =/= real world normal.

6. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    Out of curiosity, how did you do on Kap 1-5? I had a friend was doing 11's in all sections of Kaplan and got a 41 on the real test.

7. Turtlez

Turtlez ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I WANNA BE YOUR FRIEND!!! omggggg..... i would pass out if i got that score

8. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    Also, pretty sure you're going to fail bro. Good luck getting into medical school... :rolleyes:

9. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    ...lol calm down homie. If you really value a test so much you should really reevaluate your life.

Plus, I have a friend who studied for 3 weeks and got a 40...and all he does is smoke and deal weed all day. And he just KILLED the boards 250+, so you should want to be like him!

10. mcarrick

5+ Year Member

I have similar scores to you, and I'm taking it around the same date too (8/19).

I averaged 40 on Kaplan 1-6.

I took AAMC 5 in between Kaplan 3 and 4 and scored a 38. I'll be taking AAMC 7-11 in the next three weeks and will be pleased if I score similar to AAMC 5.

I will be satisfied with anything above a 35 on the real deal.

11. bcd051

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Not to doubt anyone, but is it just me; is everyone in this forum 90th percentile or higher?

Dang if everyone is this smart, I feel stupid heh. I felt really good getting a 33 on Kaplan 2. (19 diagnostic, 29 FL1, 33 FL2, had to quit midway through FL3 and 4 (uninsured and have no ADHD meds))

12. tman5890

tman5890 Fiery Devotion
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Don't feel discouraged. Most of the people on SDN are either in the top 10% or are lying. Just worry about national average and you'll be just fine :D

13. PhaseShift11

Ahhhh are you me? So far we have identical averages on Kaplan (well 1-5) and AAMC, so hopefully I can match your real MCAT score...

Did you notice a big discrepancy in difficulty between the AAMC and the real MCAT? I'm asking you because you're more likely to have the same opinion I will when I write it.

14. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    absolutely! they make a 32/33 look like a bad score lol i guess it's good when you're studying to try to score as high as 'them' but if you don't score like them (i surely haven't been) keep your score in perspective haha

15. mejorization

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    This thread=90+ percentile people flaunting their scores.

AAMC average: 37
    Kaplan average: 38
    Both with an upward trend.

:p

16. zeppelinpage4

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    You're doing fine, don't worry about it, I'm hoping and preying for a 31 on my August 18th date.
    SDN is good for setting high goals, but don't let it discourage you, you're doing great. I got a 25 on FL2 so don't sweat it. :cool:

17. theironmandan

Pre-Medical
    My Kaplan average was about 32 for all the tests I took (probably 5 or 6 total). I found the AAMC's more transparently written and averaged 33-34.

Actual score from July 6, 2011: 12 PS, 10 VR, 12 BS, WS R

You will do fine. You're being a "PP"...paranoid premed lol

Best of luck OP

18. Turtlez

Turtlez ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're definitely right about me being a PP :laugh: ... I just can't help it! I do appreciate your post though.

19. feipar

5+ Year Member

IMO, the difference between MY actual MCAT and the practice tests is that it is definitely more AAMC-like (read: comprehensible and doable), BUT that it is much longer and has more fluff to wade through.

Keep in mind that was just for my administration. Others have ranged from just like a practice test to downright 'impossible'. Also, I might not be a good example because I also used all the Berkeley Review materials.

In that sense, I think my practice scores were naturally inflated by a couple of points because by the time I got to AAMC practice exams, I had seen the stuff so many times already.

The real MCAT could be anything...