Withdraw from a statistics class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azjfrankl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I enrolled in a statistics class thinking it would fulfill one of my major requirements. Turns out I need to take stats from the psychology department and not the math department. I withdrew from math department's stats class two weeks into the semester and will take a condensed psych stats class in the second half of the semester. I am a senior and am applying in the 2014 cycle. I had trouble my freshman year and had a number of withdrawals, but had a 3.61 GPA for the classes I did finish. Since then I have been a 3.9+ student (including all of my premeds) with increasing EC activity and no withdrawals. Was wondering how this would look to ADCOMs.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you withdraw this early in the term, does it even show up on your official transcript? A W usually appears only if you leave after the official drop date.
The add/drop deadline was in the first week of class, which certainly seems a bit strict to me... but what can you do? A counselor confirmed that it would show up on my transcript. This was a simple mistake on my part and I will still be able to get the class completed this semester. The W will be an aberration from everything that has happened since my freshman year and I hope that anyone looking over my application will realize that.
If anyone here has had a similar situation, I would like to hear how it turned out.