Withdraw from class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcr_massage

BodyworkSweety
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows or has any opinions on having a withdraw on your transcript. I am taking 19 credit hours this semester and I have decided that I am just way too overwhelmed with two volunteer positions also. Normally I would say that one withdraw would be fine however I have one IW (Instructor Withdraw) from an Algebra class when my father had a heart attack and I asked the instructor if they would give me a IW since I would have to be gone for three weeks (during a summer class), When I took the class last semester I got an A, However this semester I am already finding myself spending so much time on Biology and Chemistry that I am having trouble giving an adequate amount of time to Trig. Unfortunately the drop date was Monday so I would have to withdraw and although it would not effect my GPA it would show on my transcript. Is this going to look awful to medical schools, should I just bite the bullet and try to find more time (although I'm already only sleeping about 4-6 hours at most a night. Any opinions?

Blessings
Bodyworksweety

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, I think it would be fine to drop it. It's not a bio or chem class so I don't think it would be a big deal to admissions. I have 2 W's, both non-major classes and my advisor said it wouldn't be an issue.

Plus, you'll have more time to focus on your other classes and maybe get some more sleep! :)

Hope your father's doing better.

Thank you, my father is doing better now......He doesn't take care of himself and well refuses to do what he should to keep it from happening again....so I am bracing myself now. I talked to my husband and we have decided that dropping the class would probably be best. It is more important that I concentrate on my BIO and Chem classes and I'll take Trig this summer without any other classes to keep from having to split my time between my sciences and getting the math out of the way. I feel a little relieved now, I can use my trig time on my sciences study time and the time that I spent in lecture I can spend in supplemental instruction for chemistry.

Blessings
Bodyworksweety