Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Withdraw or stay in?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 2bMD, Apr 13, 2004.

1. 2bMD

2bMD Member
    7+ Year Member

I started taking my prereq.s this semester. I have an associates degree, and about a 3.6 average in all my other courses. This semester I am taking Bio. 101, and 102. I am struggling in these courses, and it looks like the best I am going to do in these courses is either C's or maybe B's. Should I withdraw from these and just take them next semester, or just take the grades and move on? I am taking these courses while working full time +. Will C's or B's kill your chances since these are the science requirements?

2. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Take the courses and move on. Don't withdraw. B's and some C's won't kill your chances. You will need some A's to bring your GPA back up to what it is now.

3. MEDicated

MEDicated Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah, don't withdraw. it looks highly suspect on the transcript and should only be done with an F or possibly D. im sure you dont want to go through the mess again either....just kick ass in the rest of your classes to make up for it. improvement always looks good