Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Withdrawal pass???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Pathologist, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I recently had to have some foot surgery done and missed close to two weeks of classes. I realized that I had fallen too far behind in a history class. The deadline to drop had passed, so I ended up having to withdrawal pass. How do med schools look at a WP? Thanks [​IMG]

2. BioAggie

BioAggie Member
    10+ Year Member

I wouldn't worry too much about withdrawing from one class, especially one that is not a science class. I withdrew passing from physiology as a senior, but then took a similar class while in grad school. It was not mentioned during my interviews, and I have been accepted for the fall. One tip, though: don't make a habit of it [​IMG].

3. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have to agree with BioAggie...a withdrawal won't hurt you if you have a valid excuse (I believe yours is) but don't make a habit of it. As I mentioned in a recent post, I just had an interviewer question me on my (only) two withdrawals...and I have over 190 hours on my transcripts! Seems pretty insignificant to me...but he did ask!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...