Withdrawal pass???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pathologist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had to have some foot surgery done and missed close to two weeks of classes. I realized that I had fallen too far behind in a history class. The deadline to drop had passed, so I ended up having to withdrawal pass. How do med schools look at a WP? Thanks
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about withdrawing from one class, especially one that is not a science class. I withdrew passing from physiology as a senior, but then took a similar class while in grad school. It was not mentioned during my interviews, and I have been accepted for the fall. One tip, though: don't make a habit of it
wink.gif

I have to agree with BioAggie...a withdrawal won't hurt you if you have a valid excuse (I believe yours is) but don't make a habit of it. As I mentioned in a recent post, I just had an interviewer question me on my (only) two withdrawals...and I have over 190 hours on my transcripts! Seems pretty insignificant to me...but he did ask!