Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doctor Octopus, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No, not the birth control method.

How do you officially withdraw from a school? Can I just send an email, or do I need to send a signed letter?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

IT NEEDS TO BE IN TEH WRITING!!!!!111
    SO PAPER AND INK OR TONER KEKEKE

4. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It depends on the school. When I called USC, they said there was a place online you could do that (same place as the secondary) and low and behold, there was. When I called Mt. Sinai, they said they need a separate letter mailed to them. Just call the school and ask. Esp. if you have an interview scheduled, it's nice to just to give them enough time so someone else can take your spot.

That said, anyone who has a Mt. Sinai on Nov 14 or USC on Dec 6, good luck! I'm sending you good vibes...

5. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

just email them.

6. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I first emailed (to not accept an interview invitation), then they told me to fax the email with my signature (to withdraw from the school)......that was for medical college of georgia, but i expect similar policies else where.

7. pillowhead- curious, why did you withdraw from Mt Sinai? Its one of my top choices.

thanks, wexy

8. MedApp2003

MedApp2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

just call um. i just withdrew from 4 schools and they were all cool with just a phone call.

9. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My withdrawl from Mt Sinai had nothing to do with the school. It's not like I heard something bad about it or had an awful experience with them. I've already interviewed at 2 NY schools (
    NYMC and Columbia) and think that it's unlikely i'll go to NY when I've been accepted to a top school closer to home. I have a friend from undergrad who started Sinai this year who really likes it there. So hopefully one less applicant there will help someone else like you, wexy!

10. chloe5

chloe5 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

in writing, by snail mail, is the official, formal and polite way to go

11. thanks for the info pillowhead! Ill let you know what happens.

12. MedApp2003

MedApp2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

maybe, but i really don't think it is rude per se to call. in fact, med schools probably have a crap load of paperwork right now and million people to schedule interviews etc. calling them probalby just eliminates some work for them. they took me off the computer system while i was on the phone. no biggie.

13. jot

jot

i've been e-mailing -- what are they going to do; reject you? i'll take my chances on that effecting my residency decision at the same school;)