Withdrawals and ucsf admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer_tami

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If I decide to withdraw from a course this quarter and get a W, and get accepted to UCSF pharmacy school, will UCSF rescind their offer of admission? I have a midterm this friday worth 50% and I really don't know anything and I don't know how much I can cram, and I don't want to end up getting a C- in teh course. I plan to retake this next quarter. This is not a prerequisite course.

Thanks,
Tami

Members don't see this ad.

pharmer_tami said:
Hey guys,

If I decide to withdraw from a course this quarter and get a W, and get accepted to UCSF pharmacy school, will UCSF rescind their offer of admission? I have a midterm this friday worth 50% and I really don't know anything and I don't know how much I can cram, and I don't want to end up getting a C- in teh course. I plan to retake this next quarter. This is not a prerequisite course.

Thanks,
Tami

Just curious--has UCSF already extended admission offers to the first round of interviewees?

I don't believe UCSF starts reviewing applications until after all interviews have been conducted. Last year, the earliest notification was sometime in March.

pharmer_tami said:
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Tami

OSACA is pretty cool, the admissions office. I believe the only requirement is you complete the pre-reqs by matriculation. So you could theoretically take the class in summer and be just fine. If you have to withdraw I doubt they will know about it, but if you get an offer, it's bc of other things besides some random class. If you have to make that choice make it, and just so know there are avenues to fix it.

:)