withdrawing an acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calvinandhobbes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm planning on withdrawing an acceptance from a school (which already has the deposit check). and i was wondering, what's the normal protocol for withdrawing? do i call, write an email, snail mail?

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

also (sorry the edit function isn't working), should the letter be long and apologetic, or short and to the point?

thanks

Make it long and convoluted... Dont give them any hints of what your real message is until the very end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meg is right on, obviously! But in seriousness, assume that human beings, not the school in all of its abstract glory, will be reading your letter.

With that in mind, just make it short and to the point. It's like divorcing an estranged wife who has been living with another man for the last five years; just make it quick, she really doesn't care to hear details.

I asked this in a previous thread, but do they send you your check back? I send a money order for one of the schools I put a deposit to. How will they refund it?

Thanks!