withdrawing applications to med schools that will reject me for certain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Retro

I am already accepted to one top 15 medical school, and many of the other lesser schools have already rejected me, and I was wondering if I should write a letter to those that never interviewed me (certain rejections) but have not rejected me yet to withdraw my applications. Because I hate those thin envelopes...

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a good idea to me and would probably help flush out the last few interview spots that schools are giving.

what does it matter now that you've been accepted? if you really want to go to the school that you've been accepted to, then i suggest you let the other schools know. but if you seriously would attend a "lesser" school as you put it then keep your apps active.

After I got my first acceptance, I withdrew from alot of places, especially ones that I did not think I would get into (washu). I axed them before they axed me. Also, these were schools that I did not really want anymore, anyway.