Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

withdrawing applications to med schools that will reject me for certain

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Retro, Feb 19, 2002.

1. I am already accepted to one top 15 medical school, and many of the other lesser schools have already rejected me, and I was wondering if I should write a letter to those that never interviewed me (certain rejections) but have not rejected me yet to withdraw my applications. Because I hate those thin envelopes...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sounds like a good idea to me and would probably help flush out the last few interview spots that schools are giving.

4. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    what does it matter now that you've been accepted? if you really want to go to the school that you've been accepted to, then i suggest you let the other schools know. but if you seriously would attend a "lesser" school as you put it then keep your apps active.

5. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

After I got my first acceptance, I withdrew from alot of places, especially ones that I did not think I would get into (washu). I axed them before they axed me. Also, these were schools that I did not really want anymore, anyway.