1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

withdrawing apps

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jd star, Nov 9, 2002.

1. jd star

jd star Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you get accepted to one of your top choice schools before you even hear about interviews from other schools, are you supposed to call and withdraw your application from there? It seems like the right thing to do, but I'm not sure if people really do that or not.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think some do. i guess its a curtiousy(sp?) to the rest of the applicant pool who are not in anywhere yet.

As for myself. If I get an acceptance other than TCOM, I'll withdraw from the rest of my applications and put a deposit down and wait to hear about TCOM. TCOM releases they're acceptances in Feb. with the rest of teh Texas schools.

4. too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life

too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life Way too Sweet for you!!!!
    7+ Year Member

Yes you should writed a withdrawl letter. I makes it easier on other applicants and the school. It just takes a few minutes, and I think if you were in a situation where you were on a waitlist, you would want people to formally decline.