Withdrawing Apps.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone just quickly explain the etiquette for w/d an app. Just send a letter, or is an e-mail sufficient? Or even just a phone call? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I always did it with a letter.

depends on the school. Just sent a letter, then you're certain to have fulfilled their hoops.

Members don't see this ad :)
just fax them a photocopy of yer finger

Simplicity itself. A short, simple, to the point letter is all that is needed. As sentence or two at the most. Just ask to have your application withdrawn, explain nothing. It is a common courtesy, not only to the medical school, but to your fellow applicants who may be dying to hear from them. As long as your file is open, it may block consideration of some of the others. Just a you would be enraged if someone did that to you, don't do it to others. The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

i have been doing it via email. They dont seem to mind - in fact, they usually write a nice email back.

I have sent a simple three line letter.

Originally posted by TeinVI
just fax them a photocopy of yer finger

Or your @ss!!

Email has been fine for about 4 schools. The rest wanted it in writing. I also have received the good luck email from most.