Withdrawing from a class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverBandCry!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think that I will withdraw from a class this semester as I have been ill and I thought I could bring my grade up but I did poorly on the recent exam as wel. I have another withdraw for a class I took in the summer. Does this mean that I am screwed in terms of getting into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

SilverBandCry! said:
I think that I will withdraw from a class this semester as I have been ill and I thought I could bring my grade up but I did poorly on the recent exam as wel. I have another withdraw for a class I took in the summer. Does this mean that I am screwed in terms of getting into medical school?
No. Try this thread, or this one, or this guy, or maybe even this one too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every situation is different, but I don't think the two W's alone will keep you out of med school. I have a W on my transcript from an upper division bio class and still got into med school. Just be ready to explain yourself in case it comes up in an interview. But don't sweat it!

Seriously, why are there so many people here who get their panties in a bunch over a withdrawl?

"Forget it Jake. It's pre-allo town."

Oh, right. :rolleyes:

were they both pre-med classes? huh... y'know, no, either way i don't think it matters. If you need the W, its better than a crappy grade any way. If you don't have much of a choice in the matter ,just take it, forget about it, and move on. I have 3 W's. one of which is in a pre-med req. course that i withdrew from after getting the crap kicked out of me in an awful car accient. the last thing i wanted to do was drag my mangled little body out of bed every morning at 7am to do a physics lab. so i withdrew. i took it the next semester. no one asked. no one cared. goin' to med school.
Take a deep breath, you'll be fine.

Silver... you and i need to get together for lunch, we sound so much alike its creepy.... Type A neurotic overanxious writers... hmmm.... maybe we're a subspecies

the negative 1 said:
Seriously, why are there so many people here who get their panties in a bunch over a withdrawl?

"Forget it Jake. It's pre-allo town."

Oh, right. :rolleyes:

the problem is that people respond to these questions...if everyone just ignored it, the OPs would spend an extra 5 minutes to do a search and find the answers theyre looking for.

DrHuang said:
the problem is that people respond to these questions...if everyone just ignored it, the OPs would spend an extra 5 minutes to do a search and find the answers theyre looking for.
There should be a disclaimer about such questions stickied at the top of the forum: "Your problem is not unique. Use the search button and stop filling up the forum with needless threads. Thank you. -The Management"

Of course, it will still deter no one.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I appreciate it.