dcham

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2004
Status
Medical Student
What is the proper ettiqutte for telling a school that you don't want to go there anymore after you have accepted an offer of admission? Will an email work? What all should I say? How do I ask for my deposit back?

SteelEyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
dcham said:
What is the proper ettiqutte for telling a school that you don't want to go there anymore after you have accepted an offer of admission? Will an email work? What all should I say? How do I ask for my deposit back?
I was withdrawing from schools back before most used email consistently, so I did everything with snail mail. I would say that whatever means you use, just be professional and be concise. No offense, but they won't be losing any sleep over not having you!

PMinty44

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
dcham said:
Write them a letter (a real, snail mail, letter) telling them that you have decided not to matriculate at the school. Be short and sweet. Directly ask for your deposit and provide them with an address at which to send it. Do this quickly, especially if you are considering withdrawing from Cornell (heheh). But, seriously, regardless what school you're referring to, my advice is the same.