Withdrawing from NRMP - what about ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoondel

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've accepted a prematch offer and will be withdrawing myself from the Match.

Question is, do I have to withdraw from each program individually on ERAS as well?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've accepted a prematch offer and will be withdrawing myself from the Match.

Question is, do I have to withdraw from each program individually on ERAS as well?

Thanks!

Your choice. If not, when programs try to rank you, it will say you're withdrawn (but not why).

Congrats, by the way.

Thanks so much! I actually got an offer at my home institution - but I went through the round of interviews and deliberated long and hard, and decided that it was the best fit for me - so I asked for a spot and got it!

Does it reflect poorly on me for programs to see that I've withdrawn without knowing why? Since I'm a non-traditional applicant, will they just assume that I've accepted an offer?
Would it be better to email each of them directly? (it's only five programs.)

Lots of people withdraw from the match. I don't think programs really give it a second thought, and they aren't going to hold it against you (why would this matter anyway, are you planning on going there after residency?).

If it makes you feel better it certainly isn't going to hurt you to email them and tell them you are withdrawing. I probably wouldn't bother unless I had a personal connection to the program or if I had previously said I was highly interested in it and wanted to stay on their good side.