withdrawing from school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackson123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats the protocol on how to get back your deposit once you withdraw from a school? Do they just the send your check back to you?

Members don't see this ad.

whats the protocol on how to get back your deposit once you withdraw from a school? Do they just the send your check back to you?

You should check with your school, but aren't they usually non-refundable? I don't think you're getting that money back.

most of the schools that i sent deposits to are refundable provided that withdraw before a certain date.

VCU is supposed to be putting the money back on my credit card. i withdrew via their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to fax over a signed statement of withdrawal before they would re-deposit money on my card.

Interestingly enough, I also never payed a deposit for one of my acceptances, but they still held my spot until may...

You should check with your school, but aren't they usually non-refundable? I don't think you're getting that money back.

I have heard that DO deposits are usually non-refundable...maybe you are thinking of that?

yeah, the traffic laws or whatever they are called require deposit refunds [for MD schools] until May 15th.