1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

withdrawing/not taking a senior year class written on amcas?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bulldog, Oct 11, 2002.

1. bulldog

bulldog Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If I think I'll do poorly on a science class that I'm taking my senior year and I witdrawl from it before the middle of semester so that it will never appear on my transcript, would this affect medical school admissions? i.e. i put down that i'd take the class, but i'm trying to decide if i really want to go through w/ it. I'll end up w/ the bare minimum credits to be enrolled for this term.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I wouldn't worry about it, unless it's a pre-req. Even if it is, you could take it in the summer. You just have to have all your pre-reqs in before you matriculate. I took only the bare minimum my last quarter of school, and no one said anything about it.

4. Woots32

Woots32 kinda funky, kinda fine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm dropping one of my science classes, and like you it's before the deadline. My pre-med advisor told me that it won't matter as far as schools are concerned - i'm just deferring it to a later semester. (And I'm now actually under credits for this term, oh well!) Anyway, I think you should be fine! :)

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Enzyme Regulators, Ride!
    10+ Year Member

Double check your deadline before you do it, but if it doesn't show up on the transcript you should be fine. Nobody recommends getting a low GPA in any class your senior year... but don't sell yourself short. A little hard work now would mean one less thing to deal with later. :) -dh