Medical Withdrew application for hospital privileges for moonlighting. How do I have to report this as withdrawn privileges??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the most appropriate place but I want to get advice and keep this confidential as well. I'm currently finishing my fellowship. Last year, I had applied for a moonlighting position at a Hospital. The process was exceedingly slow and the person took a couple of months to process my application. When it came time to process with HR for the Hospital, I had a lot of personal issues going on (mother's illness, brother's disability, house damaged by floods, upcoming board exams), so I could not process too many things and asked them to withdraw my application. Thankfully, things are a bit better for me right now and I need to now look for my permanent employment. I had noticed in some places it asks "has your application for privileges been withdrawn, denied, etc." usually this appears to be in the context of some disciplinary action, for this question, I believe I would answer "no". I will also try to find an attorney as well but I just wanted to know if anyone has been in this position before?

Maybe I'm being OCD but I just want something so silly to come up and bite me in the rear later on.

Thanks

I'm not 100%, and thus not speaking from experience here, so if better or more accurate information comes along by someone else, I will edit/delete this.

So, unless I'm misunderstanding... the wording is asking if your privileges have been withdrawn. What was withdrawn in your case is the application to gain privileges. It's my understanding that those are two different things and that you should be in the clear.

I still recommend you consult your attorney as you already plan to do to be absolutely sure.

Members don't see this ad.

This question is asking whether the hospital you've applied for has denied or withdrawn it, not whether or not you decided to complete the process. You can safely answer this question no.

FWIW, I have privileges in 6 hospital systems and none of them ask about whether I withdrew the application, all ask about being denied privileges or having the actual privileges revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.