Knicks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2007
Status
I'm applying for the Step2 CK and there is mention about withholding the results from our school.

What are the pros/cons to withholding? (Mainly wondering about the cons).

Thanks.

MediumDef

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'm applying for the Step2 CK and there is mention about withholding the results from our school.

Thanks.
At my school you have to pass CK to graduate so I would put not receiving a diploma on my cons list. I can't even think of anything to put in the pros list though. Why do you care if your school gets your score?

Knicks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2007
Status
Why would they even give that option?

illixir

One
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Maybe for foreign grads or for people who already graduated and are retaking step 2. The option might just be there as a basic liberty because you're an adult taking a test which often means you choose where the results will go.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

Thanks.
Are you sure you get this option -- I don't recall seeing it and know my school found out my scores as soon as I did. I do know you have the option of withholding reporting to ERAS for residency during a window of fourth year if you take it at a certain time.

Knicks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2007
Status
Yeah I see it. I'm a US-IMG, if that helps. It's alright though, it doesn't really matter to me whether my score gets reported to my school. I just don't want the school to plaster the info all over.