WL? bruh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi friends,
I just wanted to see if anyone knew about waitlist movement at specific schools that i cant find in the school specific threads:

Northwestern
Brown
Pitt
Jefferson
Temple
UCSF

from an applicant one way too many waitlists.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends,
I just wanted to see if anyone knew about waitlist movement at specific schools that i cant find in the school specific threads:

Northwestern
Brown
Pitt
Jefferson
Temple
UCSF

Unfortunately can’t answer your question, but just curious, have you gotten in anywhere? That’s an impressive waitlist, even though I know that won’t make you feel better if you don’t have an MD acceptance already.

As a top 5 school, I’d imagine UCSF would see a lot of movement as it competes with other top 5-10 schools for the same small group of stellar applicants. I would check school specific threads from prior years for the other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately can’t answer your question, but just curious, have you gotten in anywhere? That’s an impressive waitlist, even though I know that won’t make you feel better if you don’t have an MD acceptance already.
Ive gotten in one place, WL at 6, R from 1, waiting for 5

Reactions: 1 user
Can't speak to the others, but Pitt moves a good amount in May.

How many will give up UCSF for other top schools?

Last edited:
UCSF

How many will give up UCSF for other top schools?
OOS, plenty, given its 31% OOS yield. IS, not too many, given its 75% IS yield. Whatever you think about UCSF as a proud CA resident, believe me, the attraction is not that great in the rest of the country, particularly among people fortunate enough to hold multiple As at peer schools.

In fact, 2 out of every 3 OOS admittees forgo the opportunity to pay the OOS tuition and take their business elsewhere! It wouldn't surprise me if many of the remaining 1 out of 3 receive significant financial inducements to make their decision, although I have no facts or figures to back this up.

OOS, plenty, given its 31% OOS yield. IS, not too many, given its 75% IS yield. Whatever you think about UCSF as a proud CA resident, believe me, the attraction is not that great in the rest of the country, particularly among people fortunate enough to hold multiple As at peer schools.

In fact, 2 out of every 3 OOS admittees forgo the opportunity to pay the OOS tuition and take their business elsewhere! It wouldn't surprise me if many of the remaining 1 out of 3 receive significant financial inducements to make their decision, although I have no facts or figures to back this up.
Where did you find the yield of this school?

Hi friends,

Northwestern
Brown
Pitt
Jefferson
Temple
UCSF

I'm sure it's very frustrating, but you'll just have to hang tight. The best information for things like this will always be found on the school specific threads. It's just too early to know, and past years might not be an accurate guide this year. The speculation is there will be more WL movement everywhere (other than at the very top, where I just don't think there is any reason for this year to be different from any other), but nobody can know for sure until it happens.

I calculated it myself based on information from MSAR and USNWR. It's a few years old, but it doesn't change significantly year to year, other than NYU the year after it went to free tuition.

I believe @TheDataKing has spreadsheets in his signature. This is what I have for UCSF. Unfortunately it doesn't have WL movement info.

1614475995816.png