WL movement at T20 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssycv1

Reaction score
Hi friends,
Can anyone comment on the chances of being accepted off the WL from these schools?
-UCSF
-Cornell
-Northwestern
-UChicago

I'm also WLed at Mayo (which I know has a huge WL and very little movement given their class size) and still waiting to hear back from 3 other T20s (Mt Sinai, Vandy, WashU) but given my post-interview luck--or lack thereof lol--at similar institutions I'm not getting my hopes up. If anyone can share their experiences or what they know about these schools I would really appreciate it!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
WL movement definitely happens. That's about as much as anyone can say without hard numbers.

With the amount of interviews you've had though, I'm certain at least one will turn into an A.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi friends,
Can anyone comment on the chances of being accepted off the WL from these schools?
-UCSF
-Cornell
-Northwestern
-UChicago

I'm also WLed at Mayo (which I know has a huge WL and very little movement given their class size) and still waiting to hear back from 3 other T20s (Mt Sinai, Vandy, WashU) but given my post-interview luck--or lack thereof lol--at similar institutions I'm not getting my hopes up. If anyone can share their experiences or what they know about these schools I would really appreciate it!!
I have the same question about these T20s:
- NYU
- Columbia
- Yale
- Penn
- Hopkins

Huge RIP to our post-interview luck 😅😅😅

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I stress search for WL info before and after decisions. Vandy, Northwestern, had 10-15 people get off last year according to MSAR. I've seen 0-1 posts about waitlist acceptances on SDN from the past 2 years for these schools. But Northwestern admin in one of the previous cycles said movement varies widely from 0 to "several dozen" every year. I personally know 2 people who got into UCSF off the waitlist with LOIs (my circle isn't that big so this to me is a lot of people lol). WashU interviews a ton of people and like waitlists everyone, but it sounds like they struggle with yield due to location.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't have more insight about WL movement than you do but just wanted to throw my own T20 WLs in here to show that you guys aren't alone haha. I am WL at Columbia, UChicago, NYU, and WashU. Accepted at Northwestern & pretty grateful already. Hope we are blessed by WL movement.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi friends,
-UCSF
-Cornell
-Northwestern
-UChicago

Impossible to answer. Too many variables.

• Wow
Welp. I have only one shot at the ole Ivory Tower with the Pitt WL. I AM HODLING.

As we like to say in the MedApp Discord:
"Our Father in Adcom, hallowed be your name. Your secondary come, your II be done, in med school as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily acceptance, and forgive us our student loans, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into rejection, but deliver us from waitlist. Amen."

• Haha
WL'ed at 8 schools, a mix of midtier and T10-20's... welp. Hope you had better luck than me at Mount Sinai today

• Care
Welp. I have only one shot at the ole Ivory Tower with the Pitt WL. I AM HODLING.

As we like to say in the MedApp Discord:
"Our Father in Adcom, hallowed be your name. Your secondary come, your II be done, in med school as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily acceptance, and forgive us our student loans, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into rejection, but deliver us from waitlist. Amen."
AM CRYING.
Joining you in the "one shot" territory with Mayo.

• Care
Hi friends,
-UCSF
-Cornell
-Northwestern
-UChicago

Of course, your mileage may vary based on your stats, EC and overall application. However, based on data from MSAR:

UCSF -> 50 out of 150 waitlisted applicants were accepted
Northwestern -> 10 out of an unknown amount of waitlisted applicants were accepted
Cornell -> No data
UChicago -> No Data
Mayo -> 40 out of 300 waitlisted applicants were accepted

I’m also waiting on four WLs — UCSF, NYU, Hopkins, Mt. Sinai. Fingers crossed for a bountiful May 🥵

• Care
Of course, your mileage may vary based on your stats, EC and overall application. However, based on data from MSAR:

UCSF -> 50 out of 150 waitlisted applicants were accepted
Northwestern -> 10 out of an unknown amount of waitlisted applicants were accepted
Cornell -> No data
UChicago -> No Data
Mayo -> 40 out of 300 waitlisted applicants were accepted
Can you check the waitlist for Sinai and Stanford? Mine expired!! :(